View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next
Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 09 2018, 0:31 AM 

DM

I have an AA with the arrows, so feel free to PM me if you want to meet up for some AA arrow yummies.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 09 2018, 23:53 PM 

Player

Can we please not put AA arrows in shops all over to at least make them feel like a protected art of Elves that they care for and just not something anyone can buy from some travelling merchant? If this is what you in the crew mean by putting them in shops?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 10 2018, 1:10 AM 

Player

Well, what I mean is putting them in "shop" not "shops". Could be in Winya in a secret room only accessible by Elves and Half Elves and only between midnight and 2am. Could be a quest only Elves can perform with the reward being a bundle of the arrows.

I appreciate Jes coming forward! However let's be frank, the class is balanced with the arrows and if they are unavailable, well then it's difficult to justify taking the path.

Kiyona

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 19 2018, 10:43 AM 

Player

Would I have to make a request to play a elf paladin of The fellowship of the Forgotten Flower?

Magiros

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 19 2018, 13:22 PM 

Player

Yes, I think even a paladin elf of Corellon needs a request before creation.

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 25 2018, 15:04 PM 

Player

I noticed the shadow conjuration line of illusion spells - summon shadow variant - summons a chaotic evil shadow. Frankly I don't understand that at all. The shadowdancer summons don't work that way. Is there any lore behind this? It basically closes off this variant to good aligned characters, no? If a DM sees a good aligned illusionist with one of these will they alter the characters alignment? Would there be divine repercussions? Is this intentional or just a leftover from bioware development?

Mrlala

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2018, 14:23 PM 

Player

Hello, I've got two questions related to Clerics, domains and gods.

1) Can a cleric choose a god from which he only has 1 domain that matches with his god? Or must both domains match the god domains.

2) Bhaal has been added to the deity list according to Robbie, is it possible to choose him as your patron god even though, in lore 3d edition, he is dead. If yes, would I be able to cast divine spells?

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2018, 14:30 PM 

Player

Both your domains must match your deity.

Due to (Homebrew) IC reasons, you can now worship Bhaal. Just don't expect him to give you much of a response if you commune or something.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Yimmi

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2018, 18:42 PM 

Player

Mrlala wrote:
2) Bhaal has been added to the deity list according to Robbie, is it possible to choose him as your patron god even though, in lore 3d edition, he is dead. If yes, would I be able to cast divine spells?

I remember that last year there was a PC that was a devote to Bhaal, it was a cleric and wanted to brin him back or something like that, one of my PCs worked personally with said PC, so at least there is a precedent about this!

BTW... if you do this cleric, pls let me know, because of...reasons hehe!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2018, 21:20 PM 

Player

Hi all,

Couple questions:

Light crossbow or heavy crossbow?

And, is Gate summons a lot better than EMD?

Thanks!

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2018, 22:57 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Both your domains must match your deity.

Due to (Homebrew) IC reasons, you can now worship Bhaal. Just don't expect him to give you much of a response if you commune or something.

The Dead Gods were added because in FR you can worship them via a feat, and some still grant power via other gods masquerading.

That's all there is to it. It wasn't just Bhaal, it was Myrkul, Leira, Ibrandul, and others as well.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 19:36 PM 

Player

Do you remember the name of the feat? (I forgot,and don't know how to find it)

Also, to the discord: told you so :P

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 19:55 PM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
I noticed the shadow conjuration line of illusion spells - summon shadow variant - summons a chaotic evil shadow. Frankly I don't understand that at all. The shadowdancer summons don't work that way. Is there any lore behind this? It basically closes off this variant to good aligned characters, no? If a DM sees a good aligned illusionist with one of these will they alter the characters alignment? Would there be divine repercussions? Is this intentional or just a leftover from bioware development?

I always played it as if this shadow was an illusion of an undead creature. Created as per the pnp spell version. The spell caster isn't actually summoning a creature but instead shaping it from shadow magic to make it appear as a summon. It is not a real CE undead merely the illusion of one.

Dunecat

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 21:04 PM 

Player

Luckbringer wrote:
maglorine wrote:

I always played it as if this shadow was an illusion of an undead creature. Created as per the pnp spell version. The spell caster isn't actually summoning a creature but instead shaping it from shadow magic to make it appear as a summon. It is not a real CE undead merely the illusion of one.

I share this opinion.

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 28 2018, 17:16 PM 

Player

Luckbringer wrote:

That’s my story now and I’m sticking to it. What’s the worst thing that can happen?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 28 2018, 22:35 PM 

Player

I'm pretty sure that I read a ruling before that the summon was not actually undead even though something said it was (spell description, the mod bio, something), so that sounds legit to me unless the DMs say otherwise!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 0:56 AM 

Player

The shadow dancer summoned shade is not undead. That is correct.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Murex

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 1:55 AM 

Player

Hello everyone. I haven't played since early 2014, so I just what to know a very general summary of what has changed since then. It will save me a ton of time since I'm pretty much going to jump into the game.

Also, what do I put for the password to direct connect to A or B?

Politically Correct

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 4:54 AM 

Player

Does quality of items made via. job system play any role at all?

For example, mythal tubes - what's the difference between above average, very good and excellent quality, if there's any at all?

And if there is no difference, could we maybe imply some? Like... having a %chance to have a mythal eaten by low-quality mythal tube?

Zafriah

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 6:51 AM 

Player

Murex wrote:
Hello everyone. I haven't played since early 2014, so I just what to know a very general summary of what has changed since then. It will save me a ton of time since I'm pretty much going to jump into the game.

Also, what do I put for the password to direct connect to A or B?

Welcome back! I don't think that there's anything hugely different...come and see!

There's no password to connect, but your characters may be archived so try making a new character and use the " /s f_File " command to get old characters back.

Murex

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 14:57 PM 

Player

Thanks. I'm just getting a message saying my client doesn't match the server. I'm using the Steam version of NWN. Is that a problem?

Cratz

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2018, 21:05 PM 

Player

Yes.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 0:28 AM 

Player

Hrothmus wrote:
The shadow dancer summoned shade is not undead. That is correct.

Yasss, though they were originally referring to the spells Shadow Conjuration: Summon Shadow, Greater Shadow Conjuration: Summon Shadow, and Shades: Summon Shadow.

Would those summons be CE and/or Undead? Personally I think, unless there is precedent, that should be changed; unless there's a DM ruling saying a Good/Neutral character using the spell is not going to get dinged.

The Shadowdancer summon was used as an example :)

Murex wrote:
Thanks. I'm just getting a message saying my client doesn't match the server. I'm using the Steam version of NWN. Is that a problem?

Yeah, sadly Amia is not compatible with the NWN: EE (Steam) version. However the team is working to try and get a way to make it so people with EE can see and access the server. Converting Amia looks to be a huge task, so it's a stopgap measure we are hoping will work :)

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:50 PM 

Player

For all other shades/shadows, they should be CE Undead.

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 13:48 PM 

Player

So Shadow Conjuration summons are not Illusions, they are actually summoned evil undead?

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 16:57 PM 

Player

Well the summon shadow part is indeed an undead. However, as per PnP you can mimic conjuration spells but only the summoning ones. That creates an illusion and people around you have to pass the "believe check"

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 18:19 PM 

Player

Lutra,
Thanks for the response but I’m still a bit unclear on this. Sorry for being dense.

Are you saying the mage can “fake it” and have others believe the shadow is actually an illusion even though it’s an undead?

Or

Are you saying you can cast it in a fashion where it’s actually an illusion of a creature that they’d have to disbelieve to recognize it’s just shadow stuff and not a real creature?

Assuming you mean the latter but I’d rather not assume. I’m most concerned about my good aligned wizard. If it could be summoned as an illusion made of shadow stuff while appearing to be a creature that’s one thing but he wouldn’t summon an actual undead and pretend it’s not.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 18:35 PM 

Player

So with the shadow spells, you are using shadow essence to create "quasi-real" versions of whatever spell you choose.

Excerpt about the spell:

"You use material from the Plane of Shadow to shape quasi-real illusions of one or more creatures, objects, or forces."

So if you use shades and then select summon shadow, you are choosing to create a quasi real undead creature that can interact with people just like the real deal *PnP allows for a save to discover the illusion at which point the identifee interacts with the object as if it was 80% powerful).

Other considerations, IMO, shades being undead seems to be an OOC and IC grey area as people may be used to seeing SDs around with their outsider shade summons. This creates some confusion

So, you can play that confusion however you want (though it doesn't change the reality of things in the setting).

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 19:32 PM 

Player

Well, that reasing is... weird. Because the way I understand it then, is that the caster is willingly deciding to make an evil undead from the "material of the shadow plane", which unneccessarily locks it to non-good caster, pretty much. Why wouldn't the caster decide to form the "material" into a cute little puppy that will bite your head off?

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 20:48 PM 

Player

It's just a limitation of the spell as applied in NwN. When you use shades and shadow conjuration, you have some non-evil option in there.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 30 2018, 20:50 PM 

Player

And to be clear, summon shadow is not the only option when you use shades or shadow conjuration. You aren't locked into an evil spell via those two parent spells.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 18 2018, 14:02 PM 

Player

I have a question regarding PvP in the main isles (AKA outside demonreach!) for example, I now that any PvP situation must be agreed by both parts, so A has to agree to engage B, but what happens when A is lured to fight with B, and agrees to do so, but the whole time C was also waiting, hiding or anything, so they could 2v1 A...

In this situation you would have to tell beforehand to A that both B and C are going to fight with him or once the fight between A and B starts, C can freely join?

I ask this because I was thinking in a scenario where you ambush your enemy, but noting as we do have PvP rules about this... it could break inmersion but also you have to be fair to the other player...

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 18 2018, 15:38 PM 

Player

I believe in theory, if A and C are clearly part of a group, IC (clear for B and C), it shoudn't be a problem, as long as all are hostiled correctly. (I believe as long as C hostiles A, they'll be hostiled for A as well)

A and C are part of a party, (ideally mechanically as well) so C would defend A if it comes to it. If C is the hired bodyguard, but stayed back a bit (like invis or in eyesight, but a tad away) of course they'd rush in and defend B.
That still would require some form of RP between B and C in advance (even if that's just "we're both part of a faction").

If you're setting up an ambush, and everyone else is at the side of the road and hiding, they're basically part of A, in the grand scheme of RP. Whoever runs in like "nah, I'll get you 1v1, I'm not paying" or whatever, it's their own fault for assuming.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 18 2018, 16:01 PM 

Player

Personally I think it's fair game. The only thing in the rules similar to that is assassinations, with the caveat you can either have a DM supervise or tell the target first. But since that's basically just making assassinations viable (since otherwise you have to make it clear PvP is incoming) then I think you don't have to worry about 2v1 ambushes. It's legitimate because they knew PvP was coming, just doesn't mean you have to be 'gentlemanly' about it.

I think it's what the slavers used to do, too, and that wasn't considered against the rules.

waswar

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 04 2018, 18:10 PM 

Player

Is there a catalog for off-hand "tools" and the like? Or a way to look at them in the toolset?

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 05 2018, 0:20 AM 

Player

I believe the best way to find them is to create them in the toolset with Amias haks loaded, they should then be creatable under several "tools" categories when you enter the item creation wizard.

Revak

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 05 2018, 11:12 AM 

Player

Is it possible to have Brew Potion on an item?

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 05 2018, 11:44 AM 

Player

It is, it's located under the Bonus Feats section!

Revak

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 8:35 AM 

Player

Ah, I meant in terms of DC items! :lol:

Another question, if someone made a request for a shifting of one skillpoint to another skill, would that still require a rebuild or could it be done through Leto? (e.g. 1 point from Heal to 1 point of Spellcraft for instance).

Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:17 AM 

Player

Brew Potion is not an option I'm afraid!

As for skillpoints not sure we have a policy on that actually, might need discussion.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 14 2018, 8:34 AM 

Player

General questions!

How is the learning of pnp spells for mages governed?

Since they do not mechanically exist in-game how does one know if they have access to a spell or not?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:06 AM 

Player

Generally speaking, honor system - and if its in an event, its usually policy to send a list of P&P spells out to the DM ahead of time so they can approve or deny that. If the spell is particularly obscure, highly garded etc, then its usually better to learn it ingame via rp or in some cases via request.

Some spells can not be learned at all on Amia or have been modified for one reason or another, you can find the list here: viewtopic.php?p=1398571#p1398571

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 14 2018, 19:03 PM 

Player

Thanks Mr. T.

I remember this was asked and posted before but I could not dig it out. Good to know when playing a mage!

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 30 2018, 15:32 PM 

Player

Where is the best place on forums to post IC day to day notes for Brokentooth Cave? There no forum area specific to it that I can find. I’m happy to start a thread in an appropriate forum.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 06 2018, 20:26 PM 

Player

Would it it possible/appropriate to give shifters access to epic spell focus?

Doing so by way of a high level Druid with 10 shifter levels lowers the dc of shifter spells, rendering the effect moot.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 06 2018, 20:27 PM 

Player

Requires HAK update, otherwise possible.

Mrlala

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 06 2018, 21:04 PM 

Player

Can Sorcerers use PnP spells like Sending if they have a focus in Evocation. Or must they sacrifice a spellslot for it?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 06 2018, 21:19 PM 

Player

They need to give up a slot for it. Spell foci do not give access to any spells.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 14:51 PM 

Player

Not sure if it's been asked but... here goes!

Quote:
Note that the following can be requested as feats or on equipment, with your class used as RP justification - usual power limits and costs do apply.

Level 3: Damage Reduction: Fortified by the supernatural power flowing in his body, a warlock becomes resistant to physical attacks at 3rd level and above, gaining 1/- damage resistance. At 7th level and every four levels thereafter, a warlock's damage resistance improves.

Level 8: Fiendish Resilience: A warlock knows the trick of supernatural resilience. Once per day, as a free action, he can enter a state that lasts for 2 minutes. While in this state, the warlock gains +1 regeneration per round. At 13th level, a warlock's supernatural resilience improves. When in his fiendish resilience state, he gains fast healing +2 regeneration per round. At 18th level, a warlock's fiendish resilience improves to +5 regeneration per round.

Level 10: Elemental Resistance: At 10th level and higher, a warlock has resistance 5 against any two of the following energy types: acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic. Once the types are chosen, this energy resistance cannot be changed. At 20th level, a warlock gains resistance 10 against the two selected types of energy.

Level 12: Imbue Item: A warlock can use his supernatural power to create magic items, even if he does not know the spells required to make an item (although he must know the appropriate item creation feat).

In regular D&D, I believe those are actual feats you get for free when taking warlock. From what I understood, that is not the case here on Amia. Any reason for that? (just curious)

So, how does it work exactly? What is given, how is it given? It takes inventory slots.. so, someone could not (for example) request the damage resist "feat" on a +5 universal cloak?

Is there an actual feat/widget for the monstruous regeneration one already made?

How is the DR one given - through barbarian DR feat being added onto an equipment piece?

Can you take a void feat and receive one of those?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 14:59 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
Not sure if it's been asked but... here goes!

In regular D&D, I believe those are actual feats you get for free when taking warlock. From what I understood, that is not the case here on Amia. Any reason for that? (just curious)

Balance, you still have the full set of bard spells on top.
Mushidoz wrote:
So, how does it work exactly? What is given, how is it given? It takes inventory slots.. so, someone could not (for example) request the damage resist "feat" on a +5 universal cloak?

Its being factored into item balance like with any other special item request
Mushidoz wrote:
Is there an actual feat/widget for the monstruous regeneration one already made?

We have a spell widget we can slap pretty much any spell on.
Mushidoz wrote:

How is the DR one given - through barbarian DR feat being added onto an equipment piece?
Mushidoz wrote:
Can you take a void feat and receive one of those?

Could be taken into consideration with some I suppose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next