View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, May 01 2019, 23:55 PM 

Player

I'm getting less physical damage than the calculation should deliver.

1D8 Weapon. +5 STR Mod (2x = 10 Damage). +1 Enhancement. No Buffs. Damage range should be 12-19. I'm getting 11-18.

I think the calculation is leaving the STR Mod at 1.5x and giving me +2 Extra Damage as follows:
1D8 Weapon, +5 STR Mod (1.5x = 7 Damage), +1 Enhancement, +2 Extra Damage = Range of 11-18.

The +2 Extra Physical is also showing on the Character Sheet and only appears when using a 2 handed weapon.

Tried this with a STR Buff and the math works out the same (1.5x STR Mod and +2 Extra Damage).

AB Bonus is correct.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Thu, May 02 2019, 23:02 PM 

Player

I can't check this script so we'll probably have to wait for Mav on it but given that the script is only accounting for the last
.5 X of damage and NwN naturally rounds down a 2 sounds normal in this case.

5 * 1.5 =7 + (5 * 0.5) = 9 when rounding

The 2 amounts are likely calculated separately meaning you end up rounding down twice here thus losing out on 1 damage.

Can you provide more math for different STR amounts to see if it is indeed somehow a static +2 damage?

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, May 02 2019, 23:53 PM 

Player

You're correct. It's rounding down both on the 1.5x and the .5x so you lose a point of damage. With an even STR mod it comes out correct and with an odd STR mod you lose 1 point in total from the double round down. Thanks, this can be closed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]