View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 13:31 PM 

Player

Okay, I'm admitted altitis sufferer. There, I said it. I admit it, own it, and have accepted that fact long ago.

My character vault seems smaller since I played last, but that's probably a good thing.

I have a lot less play time than I used to due to RL.

I have decided a new character is pretty much a hard no for me right now.

So.... that leaves me in a quandary, one I find myself in often on Amia.

Who to play?

Things I like to do:
Faction RP
Casual RP
Bosshunting and hunting in general
I am not a fan of the competitive staring contests... where no one is actually saying anything, but even silly rp is fun for me, depending on what character I happen to be playing.

I'm not so into extremes it seems. In other words, too goodie goodie or too evil so that actually makes a couple of my characters a possible no.

Here's where my head is... today.
Nimiwae - goldkin, badass warrior, not much else going on really, some history.
Roach - (spoilers) and pretty badass, got some roguey type skills, lots of history.
Killilan - Can handle his own, solos pretty much anything (like the other two), lots of rogue and detection skills. Largely an unknown character.

I've pretty much counted out spellblades, as fun as they can be... meh, lots of maintenance. Clerics (none of the above are) could work, but... again, lots of maintenance, though less than a spellblade.

I tried a bard... got bored with barddom.

I think I'm more of a warrior/rogue type, and a "pay to play mage", meaning having UMD and using wands, scrolls, trinkets, etc to buff up.

And that's where I am. For instance, I want to play with the elves today, and I'm torn between Nimi and Killian (who does have a reason to be in Wina btw), for a variety of reasons.

So why did I write all this?

Well, many of you know me, some know me by name, others have absolutely no idea who I am. That's all good.

I'm interested to know, based on what you know or don't know about me or know about the server currently (I've been away for 2 years), which of those characters, or... what type of character would I most likely be most interested in making a "main" of?

This is totally opinion, and I accept that. Just curious if anyone has ideas that may help in my choosing, or if anyone can maybe say some wise words that I hadn't considered.

If you read this far, thanks.
If you can give some advice, thanks more!

-TG

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 14:06 PM 

DM

I am wholly biased, but I think Nimi should definitely be one of the characters you play a lot. (Mary needs friends/kin!) The Kohl faction RP is good, and I'll be back in a little more than a month with my Kohl character. IC'ly, she's recovering and training elsewhere, but I still get to log in with her now and then for things. We have an excellent DM overseeing Kohl stuff and a brand new plotline for Kohl and allies starting up properly this coming Friday.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 14:57 PM 

Player

Yup, that's a totally biased opinion, but still quite valid. :)

Still don't know. Playing Killian this morning, and find it appealing. Still unsure though.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 17:02 PM 

Player

That Roach spoiler... Seems like a few things fit in there, if I remember correctly. :P

That said, I liked Killian back then, the little bit I saw him back then.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 18:40 PM 

Player

Easy, make a Sailor Character and Join the Riptide for instant stonks and hilarity. :D

In all seriousness though, just drop by the Riptide with any character and see if you like it. Bonus points if said character manages to beat someone in a naked, oiled up and piss drunk wrestling match.

Last edited by freaxxshow1338 on Sun, Aug 25 2019, 18:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 18:42 PM 

Player

Killian is a Valkurian and a sailor, but what is the Riptide?

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2019, 18:44 PM 

Player

That Guy wrote:
Killian is a Valkurian and a sailor, but what is the Riptide?

Well, fair to assume Killian might have heard about the Riptide - The massive ship anchored before Kampos - at least in name :)

Can just ask around or tell me when you're looking for the Captain over Discord. Am around right now, just waiting for food to arrive and then I'm gonna log in again.

Magiros

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:48 PM 

Player

Elfs going rather steady rp these days. Definetly play elf... then become a warlock. Plus we have good few things our hands are mixed in. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]