View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 20:24 PM 

Player

After talking with players I've decided to head a dark faction dedicated to the demon lord of undead; Orcus.

Our main rp goals will be attacking good churches and factions by any and all means, attempting to increase the number and reach of undead beings present, and getting whatever political power we can by any means necessary.

After long discussion we've decided to all begin new pcs to join the faction. Pc's whose character background is centered on the cult and our rp. The problems with having to level a new character are completely outweighed by all the quality rp that comes our of growing together from the start.

To join you need:
-a desire to play a nasty character who actively seeks conflict with other player characters, especially good and neutral ones. the entire goal of this faction is to stir up server conflict, you have to be willing to get in people's faces sometimes.
-to create a new pc with the deity Orcus who follows my priest as cult leader
-alignments of Chaotic Evil and Neutral Evil only. Others will not fit in.
All types will be included potentially, from dumb bruisers to suave political operators.
New char is a must to fit into our rp seemlessly and give everyone an even start.

You can be heavily into turning yourself undead, or more into controlling others, or just a mean fucker who really likes this crew of evil cutthroats and joined up for fun.

Don't worry if you don't know much about Orcus. Here's the short version.
He's a very powerful chaotic evil being with a penchant for experiments in undeath. He likes to sponsor cults that do the same stuff.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 22:11 PM 

Player

If you want to know the things that the Cult of Orcus does, or did, look at this event thread; viewtopic.php?p=939823#p939823 . As it's the event basically centred around the cults rise and fall during the Caraigh event.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

vhunelar

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 22:44 PM 

Player

*me pointing out people do not actually help out, they just talk trash*

Last edited by vhunelar on Mon, Jan 08 2018, 23:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 23:19 PM 

Player

Well, I would have loved to help you with Laura, (My high priestess of Velsharoon, the god of undeath), alas, bad attitudes make me sad. And I posted the link to that thread because this forum is a sounding board for concepts, which your faction is currently. If you want ideas on what to do or how to go about things, the thread is there for reference. I never said it was the be-all-end-all guide to being an occult.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 23:30 PM 

Player

according to vhunelar, things like the arcanum war, plaguing of ostland, careigh's re-accuring night time visitor problem, all dont matter..... good to know.

< was going to join, now is not.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 08 2018, 23:46 PM 

Player

Come on Folks. Let's not derail this. Best of luck to you all! :twisted:

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:14 AM 

Player

Seriously? I know you think being "a jerk" is really helping the cause but it's not. People don't respond well to being called out like that. They never have, never will. It's human nature. You're hurting more than anything. People will join if they want to, and people are allowed to post their opinions in any public thread (aside from requests that specifically need the OP's permission or locked DM announcements). Also, trying not to allow people to say their opinions unless they agree with you just looks bad. You're attracting attention to this thread that goes counter to what you set out to do in the first place.

Richard was literally just trying to be helpful. I can't see that post any other way. It definitely did not warrant that sort of response. And now threatening not to "let them live it down" if they don't actually go through with joining .. really, not cool, man. I think you should start thinking before posting so you can avoid all of these deleted and edited messages.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:19 AM 

Player

Pinkhaml86 wrote:
according to vhunelar, things like the arcanum war, plaguing of ostland, careigh's re-accuring night time visitor problem, all dont matter..... good to know.

< was going to join, now is not.

Snared. What will your chr be you make to support Robbie?

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Well, I would have loved to help you with Laura, (My high priestess of Velsharoon, the god of undeath), alas, bad attitudes make me sad. And I posted the link to that thread because this forum is a sounding board for concepts, which your faction is currently. If you want ideas on what to do or how to go about things, the thread is there for reference. I never said it was the be-all-end-all guide to being an occult.

Snared. What will your chr be you make to support Robbie?

[I was never in the the faction. You've been had friend's ;)]

But the stuff about the past of the server being used like a trench warfare bludegon to stop up new rp is real. I know two old players who complain to me all the time how stuck certain people here are in their rut. How they just refuse to wake up and let things evolve again as they once did.

edit: sam, go away. i pvp'd you once because you had a ridiculous attitude with me ic you've been snitty with me ooc ever since. join if you want to offer robbie advice. as noted, i'm not going to be there!

Broldi

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:23 AM 

Player

I'm just going to bring back Maurice. See you guys around. :) <3

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:23 AM 

Player

by all means do your little snared stuff. The way its going, if i know you have any involvement with this faction, i will not be joining it. and if you heckle me IG and on the forums like you are. you will be reported for harassment.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:26 AM 

Player

Go away? Are we ten years old? Nah.

Good luck with the faction, Robbi, though, seriously. Evil always needs a good champion. Though I suggest you do the PR for yourself next time.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:29 AM 

Player

no you are not going to get away with this game

robbie is the one doing the faction

if you refuse to join now you are fucking him over not me.

so is that your intent? to screw him over?

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:31 AM 

Player

Broldi wrote:

Yaaas.

Also probably Laura. I don't do good with marauding evil, i'm better with sociopathic scholarly sorts (Like mad scientists or serial-killing surgeons!)

Broldi

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:32 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Broldi wrote:

Yaaas.

Also probably Laura. I don't do good with marauding evil, i'm better with sociopathic scholarly sorts (Like mad scientists or serial-killing surgeons!)

I won't go too into detail, but her being who she is, may get a good hell of a kick out of having Maurice around. Especially if she digs her claws into his fragile little mind, say.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:39 AM 

Player

Broldi wrote:

+1

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 0:40 AM 

Player

sorry to anyone who stepped into the middle of that

i'm just tired of people criticizing those who try things so much. please help them too.

please support robbie. i now have absolutely nothing do with it and won't from here on out. it was 100% his idea anyway, we just talked friendly a while about how things might go.

don't punish him because you hate me.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 7:53 AM 

DM

Nobody hates anyone. Or they shouldn't. This is a game forum, a community of players with a shared hobby. We're allowed to be annoyed now and then, but let's not take it out on each other, or we'll find this community shrinking further and further.

To all: Keep these threads clean of antagonism and attacks, please. The forum rules apply to everyone, and this is not the way to go about doing anything. There is no reason there should be back-and-forths like this.

Vhunelar: If you feel people are excessively criticizing others or just tearing up the server with bad attitudes, combating that openly on the forums is not the way to go. It will always make people not want anything to do with the involved parties. People who are genuinely being harmful to the server need to be reported to the DMs. 99% of the time, they are not because the one who should report things doesn't take screenshots or doesn't want to approach the DM Team. But that's what the DMs are there for.

Now, I am very curious about this Cult of Orcus, and I expect all of those involved to create all kinds of problems for my PCs! <3

I'm watching you guys. :twisted:

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Kiyona

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 7:58 AM 

Player

So here's my few points...

-vhunelar is a great person and role player; since i have known her i am better for it. I always want in on anything she is doing. It's never dull or badly done.

-v did not want to join this group. She felt she had to. This is not her group in any way and you can all just stop trying to muddy the water immediately.

-any serious faction needs purpose built characters who grow together; people are hostile to this fact and so factions fail because they insist on bringing in existing pcs. It does not work.

-a faction needs one direction setter and a lot of followers who do as asked after discussions are over. v's enemies are angry she demands this happen. I have seen her be both boss and very lowly subordinate, and she does both well. You cannot claim to me as some have tried she has 'control issues'

-if you play an evil character don't complain if they are being forced this way and that. You went with ruthless power, you don't think real evil people get what they want most of the time do you? Welcome to the syndicate; you do as you are told or die.

-many of us do not post much anymore much because the level of discussion is like this. Any attempt to turn things serious gets a zoo sized backlash. And threats to 'report'. You cannot imagine what some of these responses to her look like when viewed from a distance.

-I have been shunned ooc because I joined v's drow faction. People had been trying to isolate her and were furious I was not only friendly but joined in. She tried to bring this up and ask why but people just refuse to admit it. I'm here to state without a doubt it is true. There was a concentrated attempt by some to make her feel unwelcome. At the very moment i announced i was joining her drow group, many 'old friends' went cold to me ooc and have remained so. I want you to know if this is you (we both know who you are) that i am disgusted by your lack of maturity and being hateful toward someone who was in no way hateful of you. (she may be by now)

-your words to my friend are cheap and stink

-we are not leaving the server, nor are we going to argue with you anymore. Don't assume just because we let v talk for us that she is a loner with no friends. She happens to have more playtime currently and to speak better than most so better to let her talk. But there is a sense here in this thread of people thinking she is alone and they can pile up all their built up aganst on her. I support wholeheartedly everything she has said. And i'm not alone. So lose the superior attitudes with her people. No one here who bitched her out was staff and yet there was a tone of 'we are the authority'. Just because we have played here longer than she has does not give us the right to talk down to her. Not even close.

Have a nice day...

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 8:27 AM 

Player

K you are a sweetheart. Made me feel so welcome back in '17 when I was really at a low point there. Your support was just out of left field and so valued.

And yes, lets not fight. But it's true, there's some real jerk stuff that can't by its nature be screenshotted. People doing nasty stuff they won't own up to. Thanks so much for saying it friend, I don't know how to.

As for my rp quality I consider it fairly low - I just try to muddle along with some notion of the char and try to give everyone a chance to add their bit. If you liked things we did or do, I'm plussed, but I think it's just because you are fairly easy to please. All I do is try to show up and remain in character. I can't promise anything more.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:52 AM 

Player

Enough.

Ok folks, it seems sugar does not work, so whip it is.

Any post after this point who is not, solely, purely and ONLY concerning the concept of this faction, aka what they could do, what character one would like to make, sheduling times, etc etc.

will get 3 week forum ban.

No further warnings, no nothing. You post personal things in this thread once more (you being anyone), bickering, flaming, bitching, or just derailing nonsense, you get the banhammer from me so quicker than you can type forum troll.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:13 PM 

Player

Two questions

Will you folks aim to do stuff in Caraigh since it had all that issues with Orcus and his idol is still there?

And I think this is for the DMs to answer. Saying his name out loud anywhere will keep bringing trouble? I remember some situations that were quite interesting when his name was said out loud. XD

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Yimmi

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 12:26 PM 

Player

Interesting concept, count me in Robbi!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 14:47 PM 

Player

I’m in. Character Concept in development to fit into the group.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 15:27 PM 

Player

I'm at a loss for words, with that coupled with Ama's post, I'll keep it to what is relevant from now on.

The first being a more OOC approach: I was thinking it would be cool to have some things involved with Caraigh. For that, I would like to thank Richard_Edmund for the link. I didn't know it existed, and I think some of the information might be useful.
That said, from an IC standpoint (and lack of OOC knowledge about the place) it seems strange to focus on Caraigh, since that already is mostly destroyed, with pretty much only the Mill left. So plans would of course also be formed for other areas. A lot of it also depends on how the faction goes.

Raf, as for what you said about his name being spoken loud... I don't know the IC of it, I barely know the OOC, so that actually is a question I am somewhat interested about as well. It would seem counterproductive to kill your own followers, but that's just me. Especially a Cleric, who you gave power to, and who will use (or at least try to) your own power against you, if Orcus is the one behind his name bringing trouble. It's just something I've read about a few times, but I never really heard more details.

I do want to say two things, since they actually are relevant for how I want to run this. First off, if you join my faction, at best, you can talk for the faction. Don't ever talk for me. There's probably three people that can really do that, and none of them play NWN.

Secondly, I genuinely want to gauge interest. Please, join if you are interested. I don't need this faction. If you don't want to join, don't. If you feel like you have to, maybe you should think about why, maybe you shouldn't join, and instead think about why you think it's that important. This faction should be fun for everyone involved. A single person can ruin that, however. This means that I, since I currently am the faction leader, will use the right I have to limit who is and is not allowed to join the faction.

To end this on a slightly more positive note, I want to gauge interest in the idea of a Cult of Orcus, since it seems as though only TTT and I are interested in the idea of Orcus, and would want to join the proper, full thing. (Since Yimmi at best will likely be an associate) Though, like I said, please don't join for me, don't join for anything I or anyone else said, nut join if and because you find the faction/concept fun.

I never thought I would try to discourage people from joining. I'm... mad, disappointed, sad, upset... All at once.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 16:28 PM 

Player

Quote:
I never thought I would try to discourage people from joining. I'm... mad, disappointed, sad, upset... All at once.

Don't sweat it, man. I've been there before, several times over. Sometimes you just need to keep pushing on. Just don't forget to take a break if you're burning out. :P

Back to Orcus - He's a Chaotic Evil demon prince, his care factor for even his own servants is probably less than 0 fucks given. Very bad things have happened in the past to those who invoked his name needlessly, whether they were a devout or not, he will fuck you up (Assuming a DM is present to dish out appropriate punishment, of course!)

On Caraigh, I have first-hand experience from both sides of this fence, and I can tell you now, Caraigh is much, much more than what it seems. It was literally the staging point for a would-be invasion of the Prime Material by Orcus's minions, lead by none other than his very Avatar. So, to the occult, it'd be a pretty big place of importance.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 22:35 PM 

Player

So, this is planned as basically a Necromancer-Do-Evil-Stuff-Because-Necromancers and maybe the occasional power-hungry way to true lichdom?

Cool, digging it.

You guys should DEFINITLY find some people who wanna play the Social guy who only operates with the cult in secret and brings them intel about... pretty much everything outside of the cult.
Don't know if that would work, especially on a long run; But this could help you out -SOOOO- much.

... Or just pay people who have absolutely no affiliation to your cult... That possibility I just realized.

I might have the perfect person for this Faction, I'mma hit her on the head with this thread and see what she says; She wanted to play a Palemaster, but I told her that she'd have a bad time since she'd be all on her own and everyone would be able to see that she is EBIL

EDIT: I told her that whole having a bad time when the Playercount was so low, and tarkuul's been dead for quite some time now.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 23:16 PM 

Player

As for the DM question that was in there:

Yes, if you speak Orcus name IC, as per lore, you will have to deal with the (possible) consequence, which can potentially be very dire.

Broldi

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:37 AM 

Player

For example. A barbarian named Frugdar challenged Orcus. A barbarian named Frugdar was lifted into the air and ripped into pieces by black tentacles.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:14 AM 

Player

Ok. I've been dancing around the question a bit, because part of it seems foig, but then again, it seems a Cleric of Orcus would know that in advance: If said Cleric tries to preach (however it may look) and gain members for his cult, will Orcus be mad? I mean, he doesn't care for his followers, but killing them for following him seems... absurd.
If he invokes Orcus' name like "hear me Orcus, and gramt me your power" as part of buffing/before a battle, etc, would Orcus be mad?
Or would all of that have to be substituted by some other title? Lorf of Undead, or whatever?

Suhjet

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:21 AM 

Player

Probably want to use titles/nicknames for praying to Orcus. Dude is mad as Khorne.

Invoking his name thrice is said to summon him, and that would suck for everyone.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:13 AM 

Player

During the Caraigh War, Saying his name made his Avatar appear once or twice.

As far as I know its not only Orcus. Sure he does it more often but deities tend to pay attention when called by their names. That's why they have their nicknames and all that, but I am not 100% sure on that.

I know that on Amia Shar also was one to always to something, somewhat minor in comparison to Orcus, when her name was said.

Well. Prince of the Undead, Prince of Undeath, The Blood Lord. Sounds very nice! "Grant me power, mighty Prince of Undeath!!!" XD

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2018, 19:48 PM 

Tester

I think I remember in Deities and Demigods there being something about gods gaining "awareness" of when people speak their names. That awareness varies and lingers depending on the divine rank of the god. Something similar happens when anything dealing with their portfolio happens(E.G. Tempus could become aware of what is happening in an upcoming war, because War is in his portfolio).

The thing with saying Orcus and summoning him might be tied to the idiom of "speak of the devil and he shall appear."

I don't have any PCs that would directly participate, but I'm always a supporter of more cults and mystery religions in RP.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:02 AM 

Player

Yea being a servant does not necessarily spare you from his wrath when speaking his name. I mean he is the Prince of Undeath who hates Undead. :P He is not really a nice, or reasonable guy.

If you want to be on the safe side you better use one of his aliases. Fiends are tricky with their names and Orcus is one of the worst in this regard. Along with Pazuzu.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 11 2018, 10:23 AM 

Player

Alright, thanks for the input, I can get behind that. Hell, maybe there might be a good time to actually use the name at some point. :D

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 9:19 AM 

Player

I'm giving this another bump, we've made the characters, but the three of us haven't met up yet. So there still would be time to join us from the start, if anyone would like to.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 17 2018, 9:01 AM 

Player

I've got a mad garagossian who could be tempted into joining. Granted, he's just looking for a scrap and doesn't care much about demon lords one way or the other (but is smart enough to know that hanging around with chaps like that might get him into more fights!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]