View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10 2017, 5:58 AM 

Player

Let me preface this with saying I haven't devled in to Druid / shifter rp very much at all and have stayed pretty much out of it. I have been pondering making a druid or a shifter for some time but recent conversations with other players make me wonder what exactly is the mechanical and lore purpose of each classes. I have an awful lot of questions to pose here. I appreciate any help.

What exactly are the perks of being a shifter on our server?

Conceptually and lore wise what exactly are shifters? Is it a race or is it a class?

Are shifters supposed to be able to shift in to near any creature?

Shifter class is a PRC class and has requiermeants to take it- what is the goal of going shifter?

Roleplay wise Do shifters have to be religious seeing as the require druid lvls?

What kind of religion do Druids do? Must Druids be religious to keep their powers?

What exactly makes each class more 'unique' compared to the other?

Why would some one as a player consider playing a druid?

Why would some one as a player consider playing a shifter?

Can you roleplay being a Shifter- Druid?

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Suhjet

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10 2017, 6:44 AM 

Player

What exactly are the perks of being a shifter on our server?
You get to turn into a lot of different stuff. Pre-nerfs, they could pretty much solo everything and were potential raid bosses in PVP.

Conceptually and lore wise what exactly are shifters? Is it a race or is it a class?
NWN shifters are based on the Master of Many Forms PrC. I've failed to find any satisfactory or in-depth answer regarding shifter lore in the source, but for Amia, they can have a pretty flexible background per character.

Are shifters supposed to be able to shift in to near any creature?
In PnP, pretty much. NWN is mechanically limited, but 1k Faces widget helps offer fluff.

Shifter class is a PRC class and has requirements to take it- what is the goal of going shifter?
More variety of forms than druid.

Roleplay wise, do shifters have to be religious seeing as the require druid lvls?
To be a shifter on Amia, you mechanically need a minimum of 5 druid levels (for wildshape), but you can choose whether or not to RP those 5 druid levels. If you're going to have more than 5 levels of druid on your shifter, you're supposed to RP those levels (alternatively, druid levels can be emulated by similar classes such as Spirit Shaman).

What kind of religion do Druids do? Must Druids be religious to keep their powers?
Nature deities. Druids need to remain "neutral" and maintain their oaths to nature. Someone else can probably answer this question better than me.

What exactly makes each class more 'unique' compared to the other?
Druids will always have more caster-class potential/spells than a shifter. Druids can shapeshift to an extent, but shifters will have more variety of mechanical shapes. Both classes can get 1k Faces though.

Why would some one as a player consider playing a druid?
Rule the world with the power of nature, treehugging, pretending to be a furry one with nature.

Why would some one as a player consider playing a shifter?
It's fun to change the way you look and to mess with people.

Can you roleplay being a Shifter- Druid?
Yes.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:13 AM 

Player

But you can't take undead shape and still be a druid, iirc.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:42 AM 

Player

Well.. The "Shifter" isn't really the shifter, so much as the "Master of Many Forms". Shifters are actually more akin to lycanthropes, but I'm not even going to go into that. Shifter mechanically recieve more equipment bonuses to shapes, making regen and damage reduction stackable and with the right forms makes you tanky as hell. They received a nerf, as the old shifter/kc was damn near unkillable, but it's still an interesting class, in my opinion. It simply doesn't recieve the roleplay it often deserves. Now you serve as a filler for holes in the party. Switch to golem, and you can spam mass haste which keeps most melee builds steaming on indefinitely. How a shifter goes about aquiring shapes is often not represented, but unlike a druid it comes from study, not so much a connection with nature. The most efficient way to play a shifter, is to focus on one shape to build around. For instance. A Wraith Shape Shifter/Dwarven Defender is an extremely annoying build, that can almost effectively solo the server and most melee builds get bored trying to kill you.
Druids have the ability to become potent casters, summoners...but on Amia...Dragon Shape. Druids on Amia are also beholden to the ideals of a chosen deity. Make sure your deity is one that supports druids. A druid of Sune would make everyon wretch violently.
There is a lot more to this, feel free to PM me.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:44 AM 

Player

Thanks for the answers!

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]