View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Mushidoz

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 22:18 PM 

Player

I am contemplating the idea of perhaps coming back, but…

About Saya:
Quote:
My character has always been driven by a motive to learn and her curiosity. She comes from a pretty sheltered situation, and was / is pretty clueless about quite a lot of things. Saya wishes to learn about her fey heritage (she is feytouched) and ultimately she wishes to ressemble her fey ancestors (grigs and half-fey) namely (but not limited to) by growing wings of her own. Progress has been made towards that in the past.

Current Classes:
Quote:
Saya’s current classes include rogue, ranger, and monk (10 / 10 / 9) and she was dex based. All three classes are/were justified with how she was or how she is. However, with Saya’s goal in mind, monk could be seen as adverse to what she wishes to become (and the staff thought so), even though monk was more seen as “martial artist” than “monk”.

I could see how the staff considered monk to be a hindrance, but I did not see a way I could make the class changes ICly justifiable. With me having left the server for at least 2 years, however, I see an opportunity for such possibility – if I am still welcome here, that is.

Problem:
Quote:
I am currently thinking of changing her classes to include bard levels into the mix. However, there are several ways this can be done, and I’d like to have an opinion on the options – from players and especially from DMs for one of the options. I may make an official request afterward.

-----------

Option 1 --> 13 Rogue, X ranger, X bard, //// or //// Rogue X, bard X

Quote:
Rogue passing from 10 to 13 would strictly be to keep epic dodge. It feels to me like an important feat, both ICly and OOCly.

Option 2 --> Bard 29 (?)
Quote:
I find it pretty difficult to see Saya not having epic dodge, so this option is a bit iffy to me. This is a pretty drastic change to what she had too, or how she is, but it would make Saya more “playable”. Does that ooc playability really warrant or justify that classing though? I don’t think so… but that’s an option so I might as well list it and see what others think… (unless she became pacifist and stopped fighting and focused 100% on entertaining herself and others, that is)

Option 3 --> 13 rogue, X bard, X dragon disciple //// OR //// X bard, X dragon disciple
Quote:
This is the problematic option, the one I need DMs’ opinion on the most (and somehow the one I like the most too). Saya has went through changes (physically and mentally).

Surely you understand that dragon disciple here is –not- taken to represent that Saya has dragon ancestry (that is not the case), but rather to serve as a mechanical representation of what she has been through. I simply draw parallel to what Saya has been on the path of doing, and what the dragon disciple class does (for dragons).

- Her skin color changed (level 1 dragon discipline grow scales).

- Her personality was constantly changing (dragon disciples also change psychologically as they progress down their path).

- Saya has grown crooked grig legs (I see that akin to the breathe weapon dragon disciple get, or perhaps even the free wings they get at lvl 9).

However, this option obviously requires DMs to ponder on, because;

* Saya is not dragon, so I would need to request lots of things to be removed or not usable (including but not limited to STR gains and the ability to use breathe weapon, etc.)

* Allowing that class confirms that Saya has indeed been successful in some way and shape on her quest (that, however, should be a given considering that changes did occur before and Saya is currently not normal).

Option 4 --> ???
Quote:
Have a different idea?

----------

On potential accusation of power gaming:
Quote:
I don’t care about how strong or weak Saya would be. I did not build her to be strong (though I tried to make her as strong as can be with the limitations I imposed on her).

- Saya has spring attack because that’s ICly how Saya attacks (she bounces and dodges and strike randomly with little accuracy, though aiming for where it hurts (sneak)). That’s 2 debatably garbage feats just for RP (mobility and spring attack) :D

- None of these options would make her stronger than what she is now or what she was before. Even in the case of dragon disciple, she would not be receiving more AC than she has at the moment with her monk bonuses. Her saves will all go down from losing monk, no matter what. She would not use breathe weapon (for obvious IC reasons), and I would be requesting for the stats that make no sense to be removed from her (str comes to mind).

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 15:06 PM 

Player

Bump?

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 18:59 PM 

Player

Try posting in the build forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]