View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 0:48 AM 

Player

Wanted to make a character dedicated to new ideas/inventions/concepts and whatnot. Decided on some combination of ranger cleric paladin. Idea is that I can take scribe scroll, craft wand, brew potion, and then craft basically every useful spell in the game. Oghma gives invis/haste and is the deity of new ideas, ranger/paly get blade thirst and holy avenger, and with it all on wands/scrolls and whatnot he could spread the concept that regulation is evil and the free market is justice. Thinking 21 cleric/4rang /4pally.

Thought about Aasimar for a race, this would let me get glowing blue eyes along with wings proving the 'good' of the character and ideals. Ranger animal companion could be re-skinned into an eagle. For the job system he would take things that 'created' other jobs, ie jeweler/carpenter and not refiner/lumberjack, so he could create jobs by hiring lumberjack pc's or whatever. Via trade and access to all the best buff spells in the game able to be wanded, galtry could really promote laissez faire ideals along with proper in character symbolism (eyes/wings/eagle). since the stuff Galtry makes would be the highest quality he would of course be able to pay his employees more and charge a fair rate, constantly opposed to the evils of free market regulations which are of course totally unnecessary as the market will regulate itself.

wanted feedback on the concept.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Lutra

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:22 AM 

Player

Paladin of Oghma usually makes me cringe in general. Although you might find Nobanion interesting for the paladin/ranger concept.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:23 AM 

Developer

I'm not sure if domain spells can be crafted, but I'd need to double check. Also, you only get ranger companions at level 6.

A paladin and merchant might be at odds, and may be tough to reconcile. Merchants tend to be out for more money while paladins are all into being as good as possible. It may be possible to reconcile, but pulling it off with an entirely laissez faire attitude would be difficult because a paladin would be obligated to stand against anything evil, and would have trouble knowingly and willingly trading with such. They'd also have an obligation to take a stand against some of the shadier business practices that go on in wholly free markets. (It's part of why paladin crafters are hard to find). I could definitely see the concept working with a neutral good character, or perhaps a lawful good one that truly believes in the ideal. A paladin however adds some restrictions on top of that, even if they are a paladin of a neutral deity.

Would Waukeen work better conceptually? Waukeen's more into merchanting while Oghma is more into invention. I could see a LG inventor type working on inventions for the good of all.

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:25 AM 

Player

was thinking wizard 21+, pally 4, cleric 1 might work better, i could just craft more gear to get those cleric spell/domain slots to make the gear.

and yeah you can make domain spells as long as the spells innate level is correct.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:27 AM 

Player

The1Kobra wrote:
I'm not sure if domain spells can be crafted, but I'd need to double check. Also, you only get ranger companions at level 6.

A paladin and merchant might be at odds, and may be tough to reconcile. Merchants tend to be out for more money while paladins are all into being as good as possible. It may be possible to reconcile, but pulling it off with an entirely laissez faire attitude would be difficult because a paladin would be obligated to stand against anything evil, and would have trouble knowingly and willingly trading with such. They'd also have an obligation to take a stand against some of the shadier business practices that go on in wholly free markets. (It's part of why paladin crafters are hard to find). I could definitely see the concept working with a neutral good character, or perhaps a lawful good one that truly believes in the ideal. A paladin however adds some restrictions on top of that, even if they are a paladin of a neutral deity.

Would Waukeen work better conceptually? Waukeen's more into merchanting while Oghma is more into invention. I could see a LG inventor type working on inventions for the good of all.

well that's why he holds an idealized free market as opposed to a realistic free market as the standard. he is a paladin after all.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:29 AM 

Developer

You'd still need to meet the WIS requirement for the cleric spells. It can be done, though.

24/4/1 Would likely work better mechanically, also keep in mind your CL will affect the number of charges on a wand, so any cleric wands will have a low number of charges, (CL+1d20).

I'm still not sure how to reconcile a paladin and a laissez faire merchant, though.

Edit: Thinking about it, maybe a 23/5/1 Wizard/Cleric/Something would work best, maybe 21/7/1, which would give you enough cleric levels to make wands without needing gear for it.

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:48 AM 

Player

well you need 4 paladin to get spells, so you can get spell slot gear and make holy avenger wands for people.

they literally can't be used for evil.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:11 AM 

Player

Paladin of capitalism is the worst thing.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 05 2017, 17:02 PM 

Player

Thinking this;

Quote:
Class Race Cleric(21), Paladin(4), Ranger(4), Aasimar

Abilies STR: 10
DEX: 8
CON: 12
WIS: 20 (28)
INT: 12
CHA: 14

29 AssMan: (Darkvision)
Cl 01: Cleric(1): Extend Spell, Blind Fight, Domain Trickery, Domain Travel
P 02: Paladin(1)
P 03: Paladin(2): Spell Focus: Conjuration, {Smite Evil}
P 04: Paladin(3): WIS+1, (WIS=21)
P 05: Paladin(4)
Cl 06: Cleric(2): Greater Spell Focus: Conjuration
Cl 07: Cleric(3)
Cl 08: Cleric(4): WIS+1, (WIS=22)
Cl 09: Cleric(5): Weapon Focus: Longsword
Cl 10: Cleric(6)
Cl 11: Cleric(7)
Cl 12: Cleric(8): WIS+1, Brew Potion, (WIS=23)
Cl 13: Cleric(9)
Cl 14: Cleric(10)
Cl 15: Cleric(11): Craft Wand
Cl 16: Cleric(12): WIS+1, (WIS=24)
Cl 17: Cleric(13)
Cl 18: Cleric(14): Maximize Spell
Cl 19: Cleric(15)
Cl 20: Cleric(16): WIS+1, (WIS=25)
Cl 21: Cleric(17): Armor Skin
Cl 22: Cleric(18)
Cl 23: Cleric(19)
Cl 24: Cleric(20): WIS+1, Great Wisdom I, (WIS=27)
R 25: Ranger(1): Epic Spell Focus: Conjuration, {Dual Wield}
R 26: Ranger(2)
Cl 27: Cleric(21): Epic Spell: Mummy Dust
R 28: Ranger(3): WIS+1, (WIS=28)
R 29: Ranger(4)

Pally pre epic for some bab, and because pally in epic doesn't get you anything. Get weapon focus but no imp weapon focus but what else do I use the early feat for?

Plan on getting the surrush and reskinning it into an eagle as well as the things mentioned above.

Can make/equip bonus spell slot gear to wand-ize and potion-ize ranger/pally spells, and with trickery and travel I can make divine wands/pots of invis/haste/deathward and more.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 07 2017, 22:33 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Paladin of capitalism is the worst thing.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 07 2017, 23:29 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
well you need 4 paladin to get spells, so you can get spell slot gear and make holy avenger wands for people.

they literally can't be used for evil.

Yeah but your wands will have lacklustre charges (as low as 5 at 4 Paladin)

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]