View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Faith

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 04 2016, 20:15 PM 

Player

So, I've been working out a half-fey character for a while now! At the moment, however, I've hit a bit of a roadblock; I don't own Fiend Folio or The Complete Guide to Fey, and I can't find any online sources that aren't just bare-bones blurbs of a hundred different bits of non-FR lore. All the lore I know is from excerpts from sourcebooks, found on forums (including this one!). Can anyone give me a hand, either with sources or raw info?

To make it brief, what I'm looking for is:

o Potential fey-parent species. Ideally, they'd be seelie and naturally associated with divination.

o How close half-fey can get to having the alien mindset of a fey. If a half-fey were raised solely among fey, would they inherit the inhuman, extreme, and obsessive traits of fey psychology, despite their own mortality and lack of power?

o The plausibility of a mortal half-fey being raised by fey at all. Would a seelie be capable of enough attachment to mortal offspring to raise them? Would a half-fey be able to "keep up," so to speak, considering their mortal needs and relatively lacking magic?

o How much of a fey's biology a half-fey may inherit. Can a half-fey have a fey "heart," within their own mortal anatomy? Can a half-fey shed or reduce some (if not all) of their mortal needs (eat, sleep, breath)? Would a half-fey see need for a cynosure, or is their mortal form seen as enough to anchor them to existence?

Any additional information or corrections are totally appreciated!

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 14 2016, 17:57 PM 

Player

Have you read this yet?

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 77#p918577

And then here's some other stuff:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... Compendium

Some of your questions would vary depending, so I'd look at that and try to get a better grasp for what kind of fey you're most interested in (there's a lot of possibilities, even with denoting seelie) and how you're interested in seeing it play out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]