View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Would you fight with or against Barravelg'larn?
Fight With 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Fight Against 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 15
dvdb35

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 03 2016, 8:48 AM 

Player

DROW HOUSE: Barravelg'larn (loosely translated: Shadow Assassin)
UNDERDARK CITY: Sariyayha'rol (loosely translated: Cloud Cave)

House Barravelg'larn sits among four other houses in Sariyayhar'ol, all as ruthless as each other in their own grit. They are the third house in stature and position currently and due to this they were directed by the remaining houses to lead the expedition into the Islands of Amia ahead of the others.

The High Priestess of Barravelg'larn has a deep rooted obsession for Driders and is blindly devoted to Lloth. Sariyayha'rol is known for an abundance of the Drider creatures.

HIERARCHY

Matron Mother (High Priestess)
-I've completed a Character build, I guess I get to say -- Hope you don't see her in game ;)

Priestesses
-filled
-filled

House Mage (Can only be 1)
-filled

House Weapon Master (Can only be 1)
-filled

Drow (essentially would be our army for any bigger goals we would have, I have a general idea for a default Drow if you'd like to hear it to help your build, if not make whatever pleases your Drowness.)
-filled
-filled
-

Hired Mercenary or Ally groups. (This is really open to suggestion)
**The Drow will need to suspect they can overpower you should you turn of them, but that you would be worthy enough to aid their cause)
- A Dragon?
- A group of druegars
- Maybe a lone outsiders (hopefully powerful)

Lesser Races (I think this adds lots of depth)
**Stray Goblins, Orcs, Half-Orcs, any of the evil (underdark centric) races that would be too weak to negotiate for their safety could join the House as a slave or thrall.
Typical lore sometimes says Thrall or slaves outnumbered House members and often House members took a slave or thrall as a follower.
-filled
-potentially filled.
-

So yes, I do not have much of a following for this as of yet, but that leaves lots of opportunity to create a niche into this RP. Please do and please speak to me if you have some interesting ideas on how you or you and others could contribute. Feel free to PM me in game or out of game, I'm more than happy to help get you setup with a theme for this and essentially get the ball rolling. I have numerous ideas for this and would gladly banter with anyone on some of the evil things we should or could be doing. I'd gladly like to have numbers to support adding an evil plot to DM events. Id really like to have a goal with this to poentially influence a Sariyayha'rol underdark area, but I know its far too early to speak about that as of yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit/Continued
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if you're wanting to create a character that should be from the Barravelg'larn House. I am asking that The Last name be kept out of the Field names for your character. Rather for it to be in the Biography of the character. Just something saying "name" of the House Barravelg'larn or something to that effect. ... (rest of bio) I'm sure you can get creative.

Last edited by dvdb35 on Tue, Mar 22 2016, 1:46 AM, edited 10 times in total.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 03 2016, 9:19 AM 

Player

Quote:
The High Priestess of Barravelg'larn has a deep rooted obsession for Driders and is blindly devoted to Lloth. Sariyayha'rol is known for an abundance of the Drider creatures.

Quick question, why does a Lloth drow like driders?

Quote:
Once a promising drow reaches 6th level, a high-level priestesses in good standing with Lolth may test the drow's loyalty to the Queen of Spiders. If the promising drow fails the test, he or she will be transformed into a drider. This transformation is extremely painful and lasts at least twelve hours. Driders develop a poisonous bite. Their digestion changes and they must drink the blood of living creatures for sustenance. Because they have failed Lolth's test, they become outcasts from their own people.

Even regular ass Wikipedia says it's a punishment.

Quote:
The drider was introduced to the D&D game in the first edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. In the game, they are drow which have been transformed from the waist down so they have the lower body of a spider. The transformation is typically a punishment for offending their goddess, Lolth, or failing one of her tests. In the Dungeons & Dragons world, driders play many roles in drow society. The dark elves both fear and are revolted by driders. After transformation, they are usually pushed to the wild area around a drow city. Driders are usually found in company with tiny, huge and giant spiders. Driders speak Common, Elvish, and Undercommon. In the first and second editions of the game, Driders spoke Drow. Driders are almost always Chaotic Evil.

That shit don't fly down under (dark).

In 4th they changed driders to be all chummy chummy with Lloth, but that timeline never came to pass on Amia as far as I know, as it is truly the darkest timeline.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 03 2016, 21:50 PM 

Tester

The whole drider-ness being a punishment thing was always absolutely, pants-on-head stupid, IMO. 1) Lloth has an obsession with spiders. 2) Why would you turn someone who had failed you into a partial version of your holy creature(like Tiamat turning a failed cleric into a half-dragon) 3) Lloth is generally depicted in art and manifests herself as a drider-like creature. Her holy symbol is even herself as a drider.

She's insane. But that facet of her always struck me as just plain dumb. I would totally be for seeing a Drow house take a different perspective on driders, flawed 3e cannon be damned.

dvdb35

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 03 2016, 21:54 PM 

Player

It's not a "like" its an obsession. So she is overly fascinated with Driders, the transformation process, etc. Performing her own Sacraficial rituals in her own want to again be obsessed with Driders. She might be wanting to threaten people with the thought of being a Drider or maybe look to have a pet Drider (that's a little extreme I think). Just a bit of depth to the character in my opinion *--- most of this would be an idle threat*

Lolth has been known to transform into spiders, and during warring times take on a drider-like creature yes.

Last edited by dvdb35 on Fri, Mar 04 2016, 8:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 04 2016, 4:02 AM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
The whole drider-ness being a punishment thing was always absolutely, pants-on-head stupid, IMO. 1) Lloth has an obsession with spiders. 2) Why would you turn someone who had failed you into a partial version of your holy creature(like Tiamat turning a failed cleric into a half-dragon) 3) Lloth is generally depicted in art and manifests herself as a drider-like creature. Her holy symbol is even herself as a drider.

She's insane. But that facet of her always struck me as just plain dumb. I would totally be for seeing a Drow house take a different perspective on driders, flawed 3e cannon be damned.

You fear them because Lloth is not a goddess to be loved, but feared. The drider is a physical representation of this, a reminder.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Kaote

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 12 2016, 0:02 AM 

Player

Lolth is chaos incarnate. One of her ultimate blessings is to become a Drider as that implies you share to her likeness. Yet on the other hand one of her ultimate punishments is to become a Drider as they are considered to be hideous and disgusting. Your punishment is a reward and your reward is a punishment. You have a society that is both hedonistic and fearful of bonding. You have a society with a superiority complex and an obligation to wipe out all other races. Yet you are to battle your allies and keep them weak at the same time.

Drow are easy to understand yet terrifying to learn. Drow make for the best allies but should never be trusted. Every trait you find among Drow society will be conflicted with by another trait from that same Drow society. It is a society more chaotic than any other. And it is a society more ordered than any other.

Chaos. Beauty. Sadistic. Drow.

dvdb35

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 13 2016, 21:57 PM 

Player

Nonchalant bump:

Things are going well for those that are wondering. Could always use 1-2 more Male-type Drow members or even a couple Priestess-type Female members if anyone else is interested. Shoot me a PM if you would like to participate.

I wanted to say, I have built three custom Drows characters; Fighter, Wizard, and Cleric builds, should you wish to play one of my House designed characters. You are more than welcome to play whatever is your fancy. Side note, anyone that wants to PM me for one of these builds I would fully expect you to analyze it critically and adjust it however you see fit if you so choose.

The Fighter is designed as someone who is brought up to hate all including the Drow race. Capable of simple magics due to his Male gender, the fighter is capable of producing heavy damage dealing hits, either focusing in sword&shield or dual wield. Some other advantages not mentioned. (COMPLETED)

The Mage is designed as a tougher build but more rewarding, capable of producing more magic for the frontline and able to defend himself should he be contested toe-to-toe. (DRAFTING-STAGE, possibly two variants)

The Cleric devoted to the High Priestess, an aspiring priestess herself. With two concepts of focus contributing the chants of Lolth to the frontline or to the supportline. This dedicated servant of Lolth will either bring down her enemies with powerful magics or a fighting toe-to-toe. (COMPLETED, two variants)

(please let me know if there is a conflict with people using these builds I made -- PM if you want to learn more of the builds)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]