View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 20 2019, 17:19 PM 

Player

So I made a cleric with 30 levels of cleric and he couldn't even fight monsters 10 levels below him. He was built very poorly and I've never played a cleric before, so I suppose I just don't know what I am doing. I was wondring if there was anyone who would be willing to help me a lot here.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 20 2019, 21:10 PM 

Player

What God? Whats the general idea? What do you want to RP?

Meelee or pure Caster?

What Spell Foci?

What skills do you want him to have?

The most basic stuff would be to add a Class for Tumbledump. 27 Cleric / 1 Ranger / 2 Rogue is good for a pure Caster. Or 29 Cleric / 1 Monk (or Bard; Which gives you no Evasion but UMD in turn.).

Skills you absolutely want on 30 are: Concentration; Discipline; Spellcraft; Tumble. On top of that skills to consider are: Heal; Spot; UMD.

Epic Spells you want either EMD or EDK - in case you have ESF Conjuration. Then GR and/or Hellball.
Metamagic you absolutely want Maximise and Extend. Possibly Empower.

That is all for a caster and I just basically took that of my knowledge about Sorcs. Probably not the absolute killer OP Tips but should work.

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 21 2019, 0:51 AM 

Player

I was going for a Kane type with high persuasion for a Orcus with the domains of death and destruction. I want him to be a boss monster, so to say, especially with the difficulty of getting, he needs to survive the mass onslaught of heroes he will have if he happens to get caught.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 21 2019, 1:17 AM 

Player

... Uh... Well... An "Onslaught of Heroes" would require you to REALLY know what you're doing, no matter what Class/Build.

But I... Those Domains aren't even that good, you'll miss Imp Invis and Haste (But you can just get Wands for those); And without Cavern Domain, no Empowered Earthquakes for you...

But .. For a pure caster, go for what I told you I think.

For a Meelee I am sadly the wrong person to talk to. Your go-to Spell would be Earthquake and Implosion I think... Implosion more so, if more than one person goes at you.

Pop Haven, Buff up completely, then spam implosion to maybe get someone to roll a 1; Then spam Earthquake. Sadly, Dexers are basically Immune to Earthquake.

Word of Faith ofc, to Banish those nasty outsiders. Phew, what else... Well...
In my honest opinion, no matter what build you chose, unless you are at the PvP-Powerlevel of some of the uber-nerds (Hi Zoltan, u a nerd.) you won't be a "Boss-Monster".

Maybe a Barb/PM with Strength focus and absolutely insane gear, but even that is questionable...

And if you want high Persuade, you really need some skillpoints since Cleric only gets 2+Int Mod, 3+Int Mod if you're human. And like I said, you want Concentration, Discipline, Spellcraft and Tumble already. That means you need 4 Skill points per Level for the basics. 5 if you wanna get Heal in there as well; 6 to max out persuade on top.

EDIT: If you /REALLY/ wanna be this "Boss-Monster", you'd be better off getting a group around you. Caster Cleric + Powergamed Dex WM + Sorc that knows what they're doing. Should be able to stomp out most people with that group I think but... *shrug* What do I know, I barely have any PvP experience.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]