View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:45 AM 

Player

So I been thinking of a rebuild for Sylveera, I mostly thought she could use some more archer feats (See : others telling me she need those!) but I also noticed while discussing this with Freaxx...I played her as a Sun Elf, she is a damn Moon Elf! So I need to change that too. I was sure it was Sun Elf being the vanilla Elf or just no standard between the "three big" Elves. I was wrong.

But

https://i.imgur.com/t5hCEDe.png

Here her current line up is. I would prefer to keep Sorceress over Bard and Ranger over anything else. Those who met her over an extended time knows that she is clearly no bard! :P But yes, I need a rebuild. And im horrible at such. I got some ideas already but I want to collect em here.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Last edited by Budly on Wed, Feb 06 2019, 20:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 12:50 PM 

Player

I disagree, she is a Sun Elf. While true her views have... softened a little she still holds onto some of that superior arrogance! Rp is king and I think you should embrace her 'mechanical' flaws! Moon elves on my experience tend to be more accepting, open minded, less... murderous! heh

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 13:13 PM 

Player

So, now seen the discord posts... yeah, that's funny but still workable. Sylveera thinks she is a Sun Elf, after all she admits to knowing little about elven culture at times and dna testing isn't really a thing! She is a product of her environment, not her fault if she knew no better.

I sense a quest of truth coming her way! Let's break her spirit even more!!

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 13:16 PM 

Player

So...what you're telling me...is to stick with the Moon Elf and have that as a very nasty revelation for her some day? :lol:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 13:25 PM 

Player

Pretty much, yes. Kick the girl when she's low. Sylveera takes pride in being a Sun Elf, even brags about it at times... though to any other elf, like Ly, it seems strange a Sun Elf was raised among humans so readily.
I think you've unintentionally given her a massive character flaw which I think you should play out some time.

Counter to that, she could just be playing a role herself for some reason and hiding her true heritage out of embaressment! Though this is likely uncommon even for moon elves!

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 14:10 PM 

Player

Honestly, I'd say snuggle up real close to the DM team, bring a huge amount of cookies, and ask really nicely if they'd let you go through a race change, since she's alqays been a sun elf. And moon and sun elves don't really look alike either.
Either way, let the DMs decide, since a concept like 'looks like a sun elf, acts like a sun elf, but isn't a sun elf' would generally need a request.

As for the build... There's honestly much I'd know to change. I mean, you don't seem to use the second sorc level, and losing it would get you another Favored Enemy, but that's a rather small deal.

One thing you should change, though, unless I am reading the spread incorrectly: Get rid of two-weapon-fighting and ambidextry. Considering your dex, you'll never be wearing heavy armor, (you couldn't wear it anyway) and while wearing medium or lighter armor, you get those two feats for free from ranger. That is, unless I am derping, and he player tools show that weirdly. Personally, I like having Called Shot on archers, for the movement speed decrease against trash you still don't want to hit you, or just slap a few saves feats on there, if you really want to.
Feat-wise, there honeslty isn't much I'd change there.

Skill-wise... If you were to change race, you'd gain 2 int, which means you could get disc to 30+. In my opinion, there isn't much use in having less disc than that, unless you plan to put a lot of disc into gearing. (even with 33, you'll still beed to gear to have much use out of it) In order to hit you, stuff will need to roll just about 50, and having just 23 means that even when you roll a 20 on the disc check, you're failing.
Otherwise, it might be smart to take some points of out search, since you can't deal with the traps you find anyway, and the rest you have from the int increase and get hide/ms a tad higher.
Otherwise, last thing to consider, Spot is mechanically better, since you roll a lot more often, when compared to listen. Combined with losing search, spot might get you more, since spot and search are used similarly, but in the end, it's up to you.

tl; dr: don't take twf feats, since ranger already gets you them
get disc higher
consider losing search and listen, and putting more points in hide, ms, and spot

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 14:39 PM 

Player

I told a DM already and basically, I need to change the race. I think if I go Moon Elf I need to do more processing. The build is clearly not perfect, I been thinking of ditchin a sorc lvl before and raising int, I just lose dex now which im not keen on but a must.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 14:55 PM 

Player

I'd almost like seeing her realising that she's a moonelf and all of that was some kind of coping mechanism for something, ngl.

But Seriously, Drop sorc for bard. And get Point Blank Shot. And Rapid Shot.

Thats all.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 14:56 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
I'd almost like seeing her realising that she's a moonelf and all of that was some kind of coping mechanism for something, ngl.

But Seriously, Drop sorc for bard. And get Point Blank Shot. And Rapid Shot.

Thats all.

As I said before, Bard do not fit her at all. I can also not explain the familiar just being gone if I go bard.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 15:30 PM 

Player

No rapid shot? I completely missed that... Get rapid shot!

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 17:31 PM 

Player

Yes rapid shot is a must!

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 17:38 PM 

Player

I did ask for build tips here back in the day, I think it was screwed on creation cause If I remember correct the folks here helped me with the last 19 or so lvls. I always thought those archer feats was shit so thought it was nothing to take! Guess I was wrong :lol:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 18:17 PM 

Player

Rapid shot is worth it, Shana uses it but then for her it's more about putting as many arrows into something before it kills her rather than few arrows doing alot of damage.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 18:30 PM 

Player

Well, called is shot pretty niche, IMO. Similarly to KD, in PvP, you're not getting it off, and even in events, mobs seem to often have high disc. So, with that, it can be somewhat meh, at times. The movement decrease is great for kiting though. (And it reduces their dex too, so it lowers their AC)

Buut. Rapid Shot. Much along the lines of Monk, with flurry of blows. There's seldomly a moment not to turn it on, to be honest. While -2 AB seems annoying at first, an extra attack makes up for that, in most, if not all cases. If you're hasted, you have five attacks. Rapid Shot and haste, six. The extra attack gives you an extra chance to roll a twenty, if the opponent's AC is too high. If it's low enough to hit readily enough, it gives you another attack at max (well, max -2) AB, which is extra damage. Now, there might be some point, like if your AB is just barely over their AC, when having it off might be better, but just about every other case, rapid shot amazing. (and it's also, in my opinion, pretty much -the- reason why the hood of the archer can be considered 'epic')

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 18:35 PM 

Player

He has 1 Sorc. He can cast True Strike. That means he can hit like 70 AB, combine that with Called Shot and you can get the Movement speed decrease.

Kronox

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 18:41 PM 

Player

Most everything has been said so just echoing or consolidating, but yeah your main thing is that you took two redundant feats of Ambidex and TWF. But similarly, It looks like you're not using the 2nd Sorcerer level in epic for another Spellcraft dump, so it is wasted. I concur with dropping it to one.

Pre-Epic: 9Ranger, 1 Sorc, 10 AA.
Epic: 9AA, 1 Ranger.

This gives you your full 19 levels of AA, and a Discipline dump at 30 for max discipline, as well as a bonus epic feat to pick up either Epic Weapon Focus or Epic Prowess, freeing up another General Feat.

If you're allowed to play with stats, you could actually keep your DEX more or less the same, but I would suggest dropping Charisma to 11, Wisdom to 10, and starting with DEX at 17 rather than 16(18), INT at 14(16), and taking one fewer Greater Dexterity feats. Your AB/AC will drop by 1, ending at 26 Dex rather than 28, but will give you 60 more skillpoints and you have a net 2 Epic feats more. Epic Fort never hurts, after all.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 18:56 PM 

Player

Why would I want to lower the dex?

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 19:32 PM 

DM

Kronox wrote:
...but will give you 60 more skillpoints and you have a net 2 Epic feats more. Epic Fort never hurts, after all.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2019, 20:44 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
Kronox wrote:
...but will give you 60 more skillpoints and you have a net 2 Epic feats more. Epic Fort never hurts, after all.

Yeah well....that is true. How would sucha lay out look? I literally managed to ruin Budlys rebuild so I don't dare try it before I really gotten into the numbers myself sometime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]