View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:23 AM 

Player

A long time ago, in a land far, far away. When Ely was the first warlock, and a new class was announced based on the bard format, I got rather excited. I watched the thread closely and had my request ready. The final description of abilities and widgets were posted and I launched my request, which was approved. Well. The widgets don't quite behave like they are supposed to, specifically when it comes to DC scaling (Or maybe they are just that low) and the abilities (that should be passives and affixed to widgets, much like the BG spells) which cost AGAINST gear power are now being looked at to prevent being overpowered. This is like taking the RDD abilities and counting it against your gear score. My DC's sit in the high twenties, low thirties with 25 cl and 42 cha. Kind of dismal. What can I do here? Open to suggestions.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Zafriah

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 05 2019, 11:57 AM 

Player

I'm just going to pop this in the build discussion area. You may get more help there rather than the request area.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:50 PM 

Player

That thing has been brought up by Mushidoz lately, Devs are already working on that a bit.

As for your DCs? No idea, my Warlock always just fishes for 1s.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:02 PM 

Player

I think your DCs can get pretty decent ----IFF---- you invest absolutely everything in charisma and have like 30 levels of warlock. You however do so at the cost of sucking at everything else... and even then, creatures have such high DCs anyway that it won't matter much most of the time and so you will be fishing for 1s. The one blast that thus remains great due to that is the one that applies neg levels down, since it will lower fortitude, and thus make the second blast easier to land.

Your blasts' DCs are working the way they should. They're just designed that way. The damage they deal pre-eldritch blast feat is however bugged (but you're passed that). I was dealing 30 dmg or so on fire-weak creatures before the feat, and then 120 after.

I wasn't sure about Saya remaining dex heavy at first, but it's apparently the way to go. Either that, or constitution. Having 0 charisma on the character will not impact it in any shape or form.. (ok, maybe to cast some of the bard spells).

So, other than request for a rebuild if you're unhappy with the character, there's pretty much nothing you can do. Class is working as intended.. to the extend of Amia, that is.

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
That thing has been brought up by Mushidoz lately, Devs are already working on that a bit.

They more or less are, yeah. With the passing to EE, the person working on widgetting the damage resist warlock feat (which should have been a free class feature from the get-go) is too busy to work on this (understandable), and such Scripting will not be done until everything's stable on EE (also understandable). So maybe in 2020 if Amia is still around?

The thing is, however, there are ways to get these things WITHOUT the need for scripting and -that- is another whole level of problems. One is the official (inneficient) way to get it, and the other is what I tried to get approved.

Method One:
Currently, you can sh** on one of your gear item and make it emulate the bonus the warlock feats that should have been free passive feats if it were regular D&D. For example, you can decide to request a ring with +1 str / +10 fire resist / +10 acid resist!!!!!!!!!!! The fire resist and acid resist, both 1 mithal slot, are justified due to warlocks being able to gain resistance in two stats! Wonderful, right?

Similarly (and much stronger), you could request a ring with epic damage resist 2 on it (to simulate part of the DR warlocks are supposed to get). That pretty much comes at the price of losing 3 mithal slots (more if we talk epic rings).

Method Two:
I am currently attempting this method.. but there's a big massive problem blocking it. Even though the warlock feats are supposed to be free class features on proper D&D, on Amia they aren't. Since screwing an item is out of the question in my case, I went and asked for one of the warlock feats for Saya, in exchange for sacrificing a feat (I took Extra Song). Then, two scenarios:

- I wait for the transfer to EE. I wait for Angelis to complete the widgets, even though he's super busy already with crapload of Dev work.

Or

- No scripting needed. I just lose a feat, and ANYBODY in the staff takes 1 minute, gets on the toolset and add Epic Damage Resist II on one of my existing items (or two times 10 resist in elements of your choosing, depending on the feat.. or a regen spell widget.. whatever) without a care in the world for wondering if said item is now balanced -- BECAUSE what is added on top of the item is already paid through the feat wasted.

Thing is, they deny me the second option for what I consider very doubtful reasoning, and they don't seem to care about how it either.

- I am told tracking the Cloak of Forti +5 that would have Epic Damage Resist II would be difficult if I changed class or whatever. Okay, sure, but what about tracking a ring that I can swap out if I requested it through the method they are okay with? That argument doesn't hold water.

- I am told the item (here a cloak of forti +5) with epic dr 2 on it would be absolutely overpowered. Of course it would, it's a cloak of forti +5 that's being used as a recipient for a feat that I pay through wasting an epic feat, even though this should have been a free warlock feature if we followed regular D&D. It'd be the same as if we decided not to script the ability score bonuses for RDDs and instead added +10 strength, +4 con + whatever stats dragon get on a cloak of forti +5 cloak called "DRAGON WINGS!" (and obviously if stats didn't stop stacking at 12).

So while, yes, this is being worked on through scripting, this is yet another task added on top of what devs already have to do... and this could be solved in 1 minute by anyone in the staff if they really wanted to if common sense was used. The easy temporary fix is refused.. You can read on that on my current warlock thingy request if you want. Elyon's reply near the end is the most complete (still don't agree with it though).

So the only option we officially have? Either gimp your gear slot, or wait however long this will take for this low-priority thing to get done after everything that's legit more important is finished.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:26 PM 

Player

Hey, Mushidoz, ever figure that maybe constantly bugging everyone with it is kind of annoying on everyone, especially the DMs? I'm not sure how much you know, or care about it, but do you know how long the whole warlock stuff was in development? Quite a long time. Your wait so far is -nothing- compared to that. And, let's be honest, what you're asking for is pretty tough to talk about. Especially with the fact that Warlocks have one of the highest AC to AB ratio in the game, currently. I mean, you can take ImpExpertise, and you can go up to 70-ish AC. Why do you need more defense?

And if you're excuse is "I don't have it", why? Again, you're asking for power that you normally wouldn't have, because you failed to make a decent character. And you can still achieve very good AC.

You're also not listening to what the team is telling you. Like seriously. I know you're not going to read this anyway, but eh. The problem with putting it on an item is that when the deal comes around, and they script it for everyone (which is only fair, if it's balanced for one person, why don't the others get it?) the DMs have to remember to remove it from your cloak. And the DMs aren't perfect, things like that get lost easily. Especially if there's more changes in the team, some people might step down, others might become new DMs, it -will- be forgotten. So you'd be sitting there with a lot of DR, something that is pretty much the only class feature for DwDs, and wouldn't have it removed.
The second problem is if you'd get a rebuild, it would similarly have to be removed. And again, depending on circumstances, there's a high chance it wouldn't be removed. Same problem again.

And now, you might say "oh, but I'll remind the DM team if that comes around"... I doubt the DM team will take your word for it, especially with how pushy you've been with the whole deal.

Dude, seriously. Wait your turn. Other people also had to wait for long times for their custom scripting. You don't have the right to a bandaid. Nobody else got one, why should you? And besides, there's at least one warlock who couldn't use the bandaid you suggest, because they already have EDR. So, I ask again, why do you have the right to a bandaid nobody else got?

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 13:55 PM 

Player

Agree with Robbi here. We just had One DM burn out because he was treated like trash.

Stop your constant nagging, you're starting to sound like an angry child that doesnt get exactly the toy they wanted.

And that also involves your "We should ban all evil" debate. Accept when things are not the way you want them to be, like a proper adult.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 19:54 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Hey, Mushidoz, ever figure that maybe constantly bugging everyone with it is kind of annoying on everyone, especially the DMs? I'm not sure how much you know, or care about it, but do you know how long the whole warlock stuff was in development? Quite a long time. Your wait so far is -nothing- compared to that. And, let's be honest, what you're asking for is pretty tough to talk about. Especially with the fact that Warlocks have one of the highest AC to AB ratio in the game, currently. I mean, you can take ImpExpertise, and you can go up to 70-ish AC. Why do you need more defense? ((((1))))

You're also not listening to what the team is telling you. Like seriously. I know you're not going to read this anyway, but eh. The problem with putting it on an item is that when the deal comes around, and they script it for everyone (which is only fair, if it's balanced for one person, why don't the others get it?) the DMs have to remember to remove it from your cloak. And the DMs aren't perfect, things like that get lost easily. Especially if there's more changes in the team, some people might step down, others might become new DMs, it -will- be forgotten. So you'd be sitting there with a lot of DR, something that is pretty much the only class feature for DwDs, and wouldn't have it removed.
The second problem is if you'd get a rebuild, it would similarly have to be removed. And again, depending on circumstances, there's a high chance it wouldn't be removed. Same problem again.((((2)))))

And now, you might say "oh, but I'll remind the DM team if that comes around"... I doubt the DM team will take your word for it, especially with how pushy you've been with the whole deal.((((3))))

Dude, seriously. Wait your turn. Other people also had to wait for long times for their custom scripting. You don't have the right to a bandaid. Nobody else got one, why should you? And besides, there's at least one warlock who couldn't use the bandaid you suggest, because they already have EDR. So, I ask again, why do you have the right to a bandaid nobody else got?
((((4))))

((((1))))
Have you even read what I wrote? I am waiting, I will continue waiting, and I was not complaining on how long it will take or on poor oh pooor little me having to wait. I said they have better things to do before that, and that they have way more legit important things to do before they get to that. What bugs me is that we even have to pile more work onto them in the first place for something as insignificant as my DR feat.

On the topic of balance - they are okay with the DR. They are okay with the balance of wasting a feat in exchange for DR. Hence why there even is a "wait" to begin with. The balance part of the request is accepted and agreed. What they are not okay with, is giving it without throwing more work at the devs - that's the part I reacted strongly about. It is allowed to use a feat to gain the bonus IF a script is made that will give what adding epic DR II on an item would (more on that at ((((2)))) )

It'd be like if Master Scout could sacrifice mythal slots to gain freedom on an item as a class feature which would count against their item mythal slot limit, OR be allowed to sacrifice a feat to gain the bonus, but they would refuse that it gets emulated by throwing "Freedom" on any item (without a care for the mythal slot limit), and instead wanted a dev to script something that would give the scouts freedom if they take X feat.

((((2)))) + ((((4))))
How about reading what I write before replying.. ironically telling me that I won't read your post. Not only do I list their reasons in my post, but I also explained why it makes no sense.

Quote:
I am told tracking the Cloak of Forti +5 that would have Epic Damage Resist II would be difficult if I changed class or whatever. Okay, sure, but what about tracking a ring that I can swap out if I requested it through the method they are okay with? That argument doesn't hold water.

Right now, ANY warlock can just request any item to have Epic DR 2 on it. It will take mithal slots, but any warlock can get it - without paying DC, without having to justify anything. Now tell me, what do you think will happen when the script is finished? Or if said warlock is no longer a warlock? The official method to get the same exact bonus I've requested is approved, accepted, and produces the same exact problem they say having it on my forti cloak would do AND the problem you bring up also stands if we go by the method the DMs are perfectly okay with.

Any random item with Epic DR II simulating the warlock feat, as long as it doesn't go above the mythal slot number is perfectly fine by them. That item will however also need to be kept track of if anything happen to the character, and that warlock who already has epic DR already cannot benefit from getting said bonus through their official method already. The only things not accepting the (example) forti cloak temporary fix I am talking about is penalizing the characters that could benefit from it AND force Scripting on the developers who already have their plates full with way more important things.

In case you haven't understood yet, I am on the staff' side. I am however also on the common sense side, and this situation's lacking it. Were Saya not a warlock, and someone else had requested the same thing and be in my situation, I would also think the same exact way.

((((3))))
You mean like how I called the DMs in to tell them X and Y could be abused for infinite money, or when I told DMs right away that the book of transmutation merchant had no cash limit on what he bought (for insane prices), or how I told the DMs to get the custum bard songs off Saya when she became warlock? Thanks for the insult though! As for what it implies - Elyon spoke about that, I get the point she brought up, and I know it's not personal. I am fairly sure the DMs know that I can be trusted and it has never been an issue.

------

Thanks Peraga and Robbi for the needless aggresivity. Very enjoyable. I was brought up in a response saying that I brought up the point and that -it was worked on-, and I replied to explain what the situation is. That's all it was. There is NO advantage to me crying. They won't change their mind (even if I don't agree with the reasoning). I am simply explaining what the situation is and how it got there. It will be worked on, but it isn't at the moment because they legit have way more important things to do. Despite that ,the temporary solution will not be approved.

If you really want my personal stance on this is, either:
1- This should have been solved waaaaaay before a player even requested this, back when the warlock was made open so it should not ever have been a problem to deal with for the current staff.
Or
2- The extra requestable feat things should not have been listed as requestable if they didn't have a method of putting them in that was already done and ready. If it's listed as "You can get that!" then it should be key in hand, or not listed on the official forum.

Common Sense:
- If X is allowed to gain 6 DR by using a feat and receiving a script months later.
- Then X should be allowed to gain 6 DR using a feat by having an item becoming untradable and above the limit.

- If Y is allowed on the pretense that the item will be tracked down in case the conditions are not met anymore (tracking down a ring).
- Then Y should also be allowed on the pretense that the item will be tracked down in case the conditions are not met anymore (tracking down an item with a feat tackled on it).

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 20:18 PM 

DM

This is not the place for this argument/discussion, Mushidoz. You should know better than that. Take it to Improving Amia or your request topic. It's not really an appropriate place to complain about common sense or the lack thereof in someone else's vaguely-related topic.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 21:11 PM 

Player

Common Sense:
- If DMs are nice enough to grant you a request.
- Then Mushidoz shouldn't be annoying every few weeks just to get it.

- If DM tells you to wait until the devs have the time to do something.
- Then Mushidoz should wait until the devs are done with their current workload.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]