View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13 2018, 22:14 PM 

Player

Hey all

Im thinking of a rebuild for andy. There will be likely some rp and unfolding circumstances behind it aswell, but basically with how many dragons andy has slain, and in some upcoming events how many more he might be slaying, I was thinking of moving away from barb (21) and going into something else to possibly emulate more of a proper "dragon slayer" style PRC like the one in the dragonomicon.

So what i was thinking was Ranger (21) with bane of enemies and favored of dragons (obviously)

But what im asking from you guys, is any other ideas?

Id love to hear your inputs on ideas, builds, etc. on this because it will be such a big change.

Thanks in advance!

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:00 AM 

Player

Getting Divine Spells, animal Companion and stuff like handle animal just to Emulate a dragonslayer with 2d6 Bonus Damage against them is a bit... Meh if you ask me..

As for builds there... really isnt much you can do with ranger.

21/8/1 Ranger/Ftr/Rogue

24/5/1 Ranger/MS/Bard

Or, i could see andy in the CHA corner with 5 KC instead of MS!

Something like that, all rather... Mediocre Builds

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 5:43 AM 

Player

21/5/4 Ranger/MS/Fighter (PS: No evasion) which is also Lye's build. Though tbh, barbs are better than rangers

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 7:45 AM 

Player

The only cool thing about rangers is the animal companion, and that only is any useful of you have like 29 Ranger and it doesnt fit what you want to emulate.

If you really want to go for Dragonslayer, Id really stay with a Barb or Fighter or WM. Maybe special Training for Shortspear/Shield? Or a MG Large spear?

Yimmi Don isdef has a build on Percival with javelin throw, maybe you should look into that.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:27 AM 

Player

18 barb. 10 cot (emulate dragon slayer) 2 rogue. any thoughts on negatives? any ideas how to improve it?

StifterEL

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 15:03 PM 

Player

You'd just end up making your rages less powerful and what you gain in return is a few CHA based abilities and some saves, which is another stat to gear for. I say I find nothing wrong with a barbarian dragonslayer, I think the barbarian class fits it pretty well.
I understand the appeal of getting an ability or something which would be helpful for dragonslaying (like smite infidel). But I don't think it's worth it, your RP can pretty much be the same if you remain just a barb. Might be worth going for some of the epic rages though.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 18:01 PM 

Player

well hes already a thunder rage. and mighty apparently is broken still? and with him being my first character on amia I diddnt understand the sub races. so as a plane Jane human I'd have to min max like a mofo to get mighty anyways

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 18:06 PM 

Player

unless of course at some point illuskans are put into the sub race possibility. *pleads to the dm gods*

+1 str
+1 con
- 1 wisdom
-2 cha

bonus feat: whatever the bull headed one is?

:D

StifterEL

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 18:37 PM 

Player

You could always grab terrifying rage, thought that wouldn't make too much sense for dragonslaying. As for mighty rage, yeah it's not too viable to grab unless you planned for it from the start with race and such.
The Dev team also said they're working on extra stuff for some of the classes, could be you rebuild and then Barb gets something that'd fit quite well with what you had in mind.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]