View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Yimmi

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 24 2018, 0:27 AM 

Player

Hello once again, it's me your (not) favorite noob!
I come this cold night asking for some help bringing back to life one of my PCs... Jacob :D! He currently is a spellsword, and for sometime I was thinking about having him change to a full wizard, but that's just not his essence, sooooo I know spellsword are kinda' hard.... but I'd like your help to try to fix a bit! I realized that I do like him being a "spell sword"
He currently focuses on buffing himself up and then go crazy with tenser's, and it works quite well, truth be told. But I have been told that some of the feats that he currently have are not good with the general build... so any help is really appreciated!

His current build is:
Wizard(24), Fighter(4), Rogue(2), halruaan

STR: 16 (22)
DEX: 12
CON: 12
WIS: 7
INT: 18 (20)
CHA: 8

01: Wizard(1): Luck of Heroes, Strong Soul (this can be swaped out with toughness if you like), {Scribe Scroll}
02: Wizard(2)
03: Wizard(3): Extend Spell
04: Wizard(4): INT+1, (INT=19)
05: Wizard(5): Spell Focus: Conjuration
06: Wizard(6): Knockdown
07: Wizard(7)
08: Wizard(8): INT+1, (INT=20)
09: Wizard(9): Brew Potion
10: Wizard(10): Greater Spell Focus: Conjuration
11: Wizard(11)
12: Wizard(12): STR+1, Blind Fight, (STR=17)
13: Wizard(13)
14: Wizard(14)
15: Wizard(15): Maximize Spell, Craft Wand
16: Fighter(1): STR+1, Weapon Focus, (STR=18)
17: Fighter(2): Improved Critical
18: Wizard(16): Improved Knockdown
19: Fighter(3)
20: Wizard(17): STR+1, (STR=19)
21: Wizard(18): Epic Weapon Focus
22: Wizard(19)
23: Wizard(20): Epic Spell Focus: Conjuration (Make sure you have full progression spellcraft you need it for your epic spells)
24: Wizard(21): STR+1, Epic Spell: Mummy Dust, (STR=20) (Outsider and magickal beast will have doubled duration because you have epic conj, you can also take Dragon knight at this level if you like its duration will be buffed too)
25: Wizard(22)
26: Rogue(1) (you can pick up 25 tumble and your UMD at this level)
27: Wizard(23): Great Strength I, Epic Spell: Epic Mage Armor, (STR=21) (once you have 30 spellcraft here you won't need anymore unless you want it for flavor)
28: Rogue(2): STR+1, {Evasion}, (STR=22) (Make sure take 30 tumble at this level)
29: Fighter(4): Armor Skin (Make sure you get 32 disc at this level)
30: Wizard(24): Epic Spell: Greater Ruin

I have to say that the original build was recommended by a good old player here and I'm still very grateful that he took the time to help me back then!

So, thanks in advance my dear amians!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 24 2018, 13:51 PM 

Player

Personally, I don't see too much wrong with it. Maybe I'd change conj to abj, or something, or take EDK, so you actually get something great from your focus, but then again, lots of epic mobs seem to have a random +20 dodge AC versus dragon slapped onto them. Leaves me back at: Maybe consider a different spell school. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

Arguably, you could remoce the crafting feats as well, but I don't know what you'd want instead. You could argue for saves feats, but meh... Not too worried.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]