View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Magma Kitten

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 13:45 PM 

Player

So I am fiddling around with a cleric idea here and I think the best way to put this together is 23 cleric/5 KC/2 rogue. There are a couple mandatory points to take into consideration though: It must have Martial Weapon Proficiency which I do not think KC gives so that's a feat that will have to be taken asap. The domains to work with are Chaos, Destruction, Hatred, Retribution, Strength, and War. No preference there, but the raw divine fury of hatred and retributions domain ability perks looks fun. On the other hand standard war domain might be more useful in the long run for 7th circle aura of vitality. I don't know how to build but that's why we're here!

Starting stats:
Strength- 16
Dex - 8
Con - 12
Wis - 15
Int - 12
Cha - 12

It doesn't need imp knockdown or anything fancy when normal knockdown will do, so thought 12 int might be enough for skill points and 15 wisdom just to make it easier to get the bare minimum needed for 9th circle spells. If skill points aren't a stress point could drop to 10 int and 14 charisma.

So help me out guys please! How would I go about building a battle cleric with these domains and martial weapon proficiency? Any advice on what sort of gear to be looking for on it would be great too. I know it's tough being spread between str/con/charisma.

Raua

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 13:48 PM 

Player

KC does give Martial weapon proficiency! :wink:

TheWatchful

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 19:07 PM 

Player

Reaver of Blood
Human
Cleric(15)Barbarian(15)
16(20)
15(18)

1(1) Barbarian - Weapon Focus: X, Knockdown
2(1) Cleric
3(2) Cleric - Extended Spell
4(3) Cleric +1 Strength
5(4) Cleric
6(5)Cleric - Empowered Spell (Power Attack)
7(6)Cleric
8(7)Cleric (Barbarian) +1 Strength
9(2)Barbarian - Blind fight
10(3) Barbarian
11(4)Barbarian
12(5)Barbarian - Improved Critical: X +1 Wisdom
13(6)Barbarian
14(7)Barbarian
15(8)Barbarian(Cleric) - Power Attack ( Divine Shield on cleric level)
16(9)Barbarian +1 Strength
17(10)Barbarian
18(8)Cleric - Divine Might
19(11) Barbarian
20(12) Barbarian +1 Wisdom
21(9) Cleric - Armour Skin
22(10) Cleric
23(11) Cleric
24(12) Cleric - Epic Weapon Focus: X +1 Wisdom
25(13) Cleric
26(14)Cleric
27(13)Barbarian - Epic Prowess
28(14)Barbarian +1 Strength
29(15) Cleric
30(15) Barbarian - Terrifying Rage

HP - 330
AB - 32/27/22/17
Skills - 32 Concentration / 33 Discipline / 33 Intimidate / 15 Tumble / 7 (Leftover)
Saves - 20 For, 19 Will, 10 Reflex
Mundane no gear

Alternatively you can drop Terrifying Rage and move 30 points into Spellcraft and have 10 left over.
Alternatively(2) Drop Divine Might/Shield (whatever you pick for 18 or both pending build you want) and savour some more feats/12 int for 33 more skill points.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 28 2017, 4:27 AM 

Player

Magma Kitten wrote:
So I am fiddling around with a cleric idea here and I think the best way to put this together is 23 cleric/5 KC/2 rogue. There are a couple mandatory points to take into consideration though: It must have Martial Weapon Proficiency which I do not think KC gives so that's a feat that will have to be taken asap. The domains to work with are Chaos, Destruction, Hatred, Retribution, Strength, and War. No preference there, but the raw divine fury of hatred and retributions domain ability perks looks fun. On the other hand standard war domain might be more useful in the long run for 7th circle aura of vitality. I don't know how to build but that's why we're here!

Starting stats:
Strength- 16
Dex - 8
Con - 12
Wis - 15
Int - 12
Cha - 12

It doesn't need imp knockdown or anything fancy when normal knockdown will do, so thought 12 int might be enough for skill points and 15 wisdom just to make it easier to get the bare minimum needed for 9th circle spells. If skill points aren't a stress point could drop to 10 int and 14 charisma.

So help me out guys please! How would I go about building a battle cleric with these domains and martial weapon proficiency? Any advice on what sort of gear to be looking for on it would be great too. I know it's tough being spread between str/con/charisma.

Not sure of the race, so I am not sure if you are dealing with the human extra feat and +1 skill per level.

So, obviously you are going to want 4 KC levels in pre epic for a 16 bab by level 20. However, if you are willing to forgo your 4th attack, you could start with your first level being a rogue level. This would give you a lot of extra skill points for later. It's a big trade off, but it means an extra 24 skill points. I'd still put the 4 KC levels pre epic if you were going to do this, but it won't net you the 4th attack. As anything other than a human, you will have (presuming you do not start with a rogue level) 111 skill points to distribute: 30 tumble, 33 Discipline, leaving 48 to cover Spellcraft, Concentration, Heal, and anything else you wanted to invest in (and in a Charisma geared build, I'd be tempted to taunt). Starting on a rogue level would bring that 48 up to 72, which is just over 2 full skills at 33 points each.

Are you going for epic spells? That is an investment of 5 points into Wisdom if you are. It is only 1 point more than the necessary investment for level 9 spells. Presumably the other 2 points go into strength, bringing it to 18. That means your Charisma can be geared and buffed to 24 max, so you could net a +7 on something like divine might/shield. This is not a lot of time, 7 rounds, but it is enough to make a serious dent in 1 foe. You'd have 10 uses of it, or more if you invested in extra turn undead.

You will not be able to get expertise, or IE for that matter. I don't know if that matters to you, I have heard mixed opinions about it.

Feats you need: Extend spell, Weapon Focus, Blind Fight.

Feats to consider: Imp Crit, Maximize Spell (so that you can gear for +7 to abilities, and then cast maxed ability spells for the remaining +5).

Spell Focuses: SF/GSF evocation for blasters is a must, Abjuration is super handy and not getting you killed, dispelling your enemies, and REALLY good on a protection domain cleric. Check your domains for synergy with spell schools, as spell focuses really change the game on Amia.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]