View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 13:41 PM 

Player

Hey there, I've been thinking about a rebuild for Peraga, my Hin Sorceress, as she's... really badly optimized...

At the moment, her spread is 29/1 Sorcerer/Rogue, no Discipline, no Spot, no nothing :/ Epic Spell Penetration, Improved Combat Casting, Empower Spell instead of Extend... All that good stuff, you know? Don't judge me, everyone started somewhere...

What I'm aiming for is 27/2/1 Sorcerer/Rogue/Fighter; 1 Rogue level right at Level 1 for the Skill points (If I'm not mistaken, with her +2 Int it should be 40 Skillpoints instead of 16); 1 Rogue at 27 for 30 Tumble and 1 Fighter at 28 for 30 Discipline and Armor Skin as Bonus feat. EDIT: Also, Fighter is neato burrito because of Shield Proficiency, I just realized.

For Pre-Epic feats I'll be going for this probably: Luck of Heroes (Because Rogue first level means no Spell Feats); All Spell Foci Evocation; All Spell Foci for Conjuration or Illusion (Not sure); Extend Spell; Maximise Spell

Now I just wanna know if this sounds like a plan or if someone is going to punch me for that... Thanks in advance people, I must be a nuisance with all my postings :x

Rigela

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 13:50 PM 

Player

Ranger is better instead of Fighter I think - gives better option of feats (epic spell focus) to take and possible spot dump if you want it. Armour skin is nice, but better use is for epic spell focus I'd say, and taking an extra epic spell or what have you. Illusion and Conjuration can be both good choices - illusion has some nice buffs to certain spells (so might want to look them up, to see if they are to your fancy)

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:05 PM 

Player

Oh gosh, I thought this was a request thread and I sent you a PM instead @.@ I need my first coffee.

Welp! :D

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:16 PM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:
Oh gosh, I thought this was a request thread and I sent you a PM instead @.@ I need my first coffee.

Welp! :D

I read your PM and have one question actually: Why is Rogue on Level 1 not suggested? I kinda liked the idea since it also makes sense from her backstory (>inb4 Ew RP-Build, disgusting :D ) Also: I'd like to invest like 20-25 Points into Lore and Craft Armor (IN TOTAL, not into each :D ) again, because of RP-Flavour.

Raua

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:20 PM 

Player

I could take a stab at something for you too when I get home and can run something! Rogue at level 1 is great for casters because of that sweet, sweet scummy skill buff. But generally something along the lines of 27 Sorc / 1 Ranger / 2 Rogue is a staple build, Yunie has something similar to this and it works super well for her! Alternatively, If you wanted something to maximize your casting potential, you could do 29 Sorc / 1 Bard, you lose evasion, but your CL will be the bomb.com and the skills would be best suited.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:26 PM 

Player

Raua wrote:
I could take a stab at something for you too when I get home and can run something! Rogue at level 1 is great for casters because of that sweet, sweet scummy skill buff. But generally something along the lines of 27 Sorc / 1 Ranger / 2 Rogue is a staple build, Yunie has something similar to this and it works super well for her! Alternatively, If you wanted something to maximize your casting potential, you could do 29 Sorc / 1 Bard, you lose evasion, but your CL will be the bomb.com and the skills would be best suited.

Sadly, Bard would make absolutely no sense from a IC Point of view. Rogue makes a lot of sense from her Backstory and Ranger/Fighter are no Problem, I can get Training for her in either IG for that...

So I really like the 27/2/1 route, even though 29/1 with Bard sounds like ist a better choice for an Evocationist, because of Save DC's, but oh well, I don't really Need her heavily Min-maxed.

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:30 PM 

Player

Raua wrote:

Yeah, I suggested a 27/1ranger/2rogue and a 29/1ranger build :p

And as a Sorc, you get your spell levels rounded down ad opposed Wizards who get them rounded up. So starting off with Rogue will slow you down since it's going to have to mostly be a selfer, but I could be wrong. Although I believe the start class to be important RP-wise on a RP-server, I'm not in authority to make the decision. The "dump" levels (ranger/rogue) are for Epic Tweaking. You get more AC/more goodies to be able to deal with the epic stuff. They're not needed early on, and you could be pure 30 sorc and never need them. They're just an added layer of delicious.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 14:44 PM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:
...Although I believe the start class to be important RP-wise on a RP-server, I'm not in authority to make the decision.

Yeah, you're right, maybe I'll get a Chance though, since IC ... she basically was a rogue for a big part of her life, just not a very good one :D Thing is, when I made her, I had no idea what I was doing. I wouldve gone 30 Sorc simply because I was afraid I'd f- up if I multiclass anything, hadn't someone (don't know who was it) explained the concept of Skill-Dumps to me, and why tumble is a Thing, I wouldn't have realized it at all and gone for 30 Sorc actually :D So, with what I know now I think I can do her with the perfect spread of RP and "Powerbuilding", without going to far into one direction, know what I mean?

Raua

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 15:04 PM 

Player

Nah, If you wanted a power build Id advise you to drop the secondary focus for toughness/Great fort/Epic fort :P. Power builds are boring.

If you want, PM (or I can PM you my skype) me her current stats so we dont have to fiddle them around too mich. Happy to figure this out with ya! :)

Tarnus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 24 2017, 15:25 PM 

Player

This is what I'd be going for and should work nicely enough. If you want to go the conjuration route, I'd at least consider taking Epic Dragon Knight, I'd either drop Hellball or the Mummy dust for that. Don't know her precise attributes or how far you are willing to diverge from those.

Class Race Sorcerer(27), Ranger(1), Rogue(2), Halfling

Abilies STR: 8
DEX: 14
CON: 10
WIS: 8
INT: 14
CHA: 18 (26)

30 Halfling: (Fearless, Good Aim, Lucky, Skill Affinity: Listen, Skill Affinity: Move Silently, Small Stature)
So 01: Sorcerer(1): Spell Focus: Evocation
So 02: Sorcerer(2)
So 03: Sorcerer(3): Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
So 04: Sorcerer(4): CHA+1, (CHA=19)
So 05: Sorcerer(5)
So 06: Sorcerer(6): Extend Spell
So 07: Sorcerer(7)
So 08: Sorcerer(8): CHA+1, (CHA=20)
So 09: Sorcerer(9): Spell Focus: Illusion
So 10: Sorcerer(10)
So 11: Sorcerer(11)
So 12: Sorcerer(12): CHA+1, Maximize Spell, (CHA=21)
So 13: Sorcerer(13)
So 14: Sorcerer(14)
So 15: Sorcerer(15): Greater Spell Focus: Illusion
So 16: Sorcerer(16): CHA+1, (CHA=22)
So 17: Sorcerer(17)
So 18: Sorcerer(18): Toughness
So 19: Sorcerer(19)
So 20: Sorcerer(20): CHA+1, (CHA=23)
So 21: Sorcerer(21): Epic Spell: Mummy Dust
Ro 22: Rogue(1)
So 23: Sorcerer(22)
So 24: Sorcerer(23): CHA+1, Epic Spell: Epic Mage Armor, Great Charisma I, (CHA=25)
So 25: Sorcerer(24)
So 26: Sorcerer(25)
So 27: Sorcerer(26): Epic Spell: Greater Ruin, Epic Spell Focus: Evocation
Ro 28: Rogue(2): CHA+1, {Evasion}, (CHA=26)
R 29: Ranger(1): Epic Spell Focus: Illusion, {Dual Wield}
So 30: Sorcerer(27): Epic Spell: Hellball

Statistic Hitpoints: 160
Skillpoints: 146
Saving Throws (Fortitude/Will/Reflex): 12/17/14
Saving Throw bonuses: Spells: +7, Fear: +2
BAB: 15
AB (max, naked): 15 (melee), 19 (ranged)
AC (naked/mundane armor/shield only): 19/26
Spell Casting: Sorcerer(9)
Alignment Changes: 0

Skills Concentration 33(33), Discipline 32(31), Lore 8(10), Spellcraft 33(35), Tumble 30(32), UMD 10(18)

So 01: Concentration(4), Lore(4), Spellcraft(4), Save(4),
So 02: Concentration(1), Lore(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(5),
So 03: Concentration(1), Lore(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(6),
So 04: Concentration(1), Lore(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(7),
So 05: Concentration(1), Lore(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(8),
So 06: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(10),
So 07: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(12),
So 08: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(14),
So 09: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(16),
So 10: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(18),
So 11: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(20),
So 12: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(22),
So 13: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(24),
So 14: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(26),
So 15: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(28),
So 16: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(30),
So 17: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(32),
So 18: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(34),
So 19: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(36),
So 20: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(38),
So 21: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(40),
Ro 22: Tumble(25), UMD(10), Save(15),
So 23: Concentration(2), Spellcraft(2), Save(15),
So 24: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(17),
So 25: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(19),
So 26: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(21),
So 27: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(1), Save(23),
Ro 28: Tumble(5), Save(28),
R 29: Concentration(2), Discipline(32),
So 30: Concentration(1), Spellcraft(3),

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 26 2017, 22:39 PM 

Player

Tarnus wrote:
some neat stuff

That's pretty much the build, except for the Rogue on level 1. I like the Skill points and, as I said, I should've done this from the start with Peraga, it just makes sense, don't care if its not powergamey :/

What I wanna ask Tarnus, did you use some kind of planner tool for this? And if so, link? :D

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 26 2017, 23:34 PM 

Player

I did yes, using this one here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ulator-cbc

Starting with a level of rogue all in all prolly doesn't make too much difference really, just take toughness as the first level feat, swap everything else up aaand done

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 27 2017, 0:10 AM 

Player

Thanks Tarnus!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]