View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Sun Dog

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:55 AM 

Player

I have a druid that just hit 30, and it comes with a dilemma: a final epic feat.
Build is Druid 28 Ranger 1 Rogue 1. Using a shortbow (20/x3 crits), finding I do a lot of shooting (46 AB) in melee with a couple offensive spells for a typical mob. Already have Mummy Dust and Greater Ruin. Was thinking of taking Hellball, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe a melee feat instead? They would all be non-epic choices, so that makes it feel dirty.

Considering one the following as an alternative to Hellball, any help would be....helpful.
Point Blank Shot
Blind Fight
Improved Crit: shortbow

Never taken Hellball before, but from recent posts I've read, doesn't sound so hot. Don't know if one of the above would be more generally useful, as they would be used a lot more often, just not the wow factor of a hellball...*shrug*

Also: is there a shortbow with PBS or Impv'd Crit on it available from a store or the loot bin? That would awesome.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:10 AM 

Player

What's your full epic feat spread? Do you have armor skin for example?

As an aside, Hellball with ruin is good as hellball is delayed by quite a bit but ruin not so much. So one then the other for a huge nuke all at once.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 16:38 PM 

Player

Captain obvious: not enough wis for dragon shape?

CET time zone

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 17:06 PM 

Player

Nalkanar wrote:
Captain obvious: not enough wis for dragon shape?

only way you can get a non-great-wisdom epic feat as a dragon druid (as every single epic feat but one basically has to be great wisdom) is to be mulan. and hoping anyone going for the thing would plan it out ahead of time.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Sun Dog

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 18:19 PM 

Player

Epic Feats:
Armor Skin, Great Wis I & II, EMD, ESF: Conj, ESF: Evoc, Greater Ruin

Def not enough Wis for Dragon Shape.

Leaning toward Point Blank Shot feat, as my druid does a lot of melee with the bow and it looks like that'd really help with AB. I know the summons and animal companion do 90% of the fighting, but at least with that feat I can contribute something.

But if Greater Ruin and Hellball make a good combo, that's worth considering. I didn't know Hellball was delayed so much.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 18:27 PM 

Player

yeah in your case i'd do that.

never spend an epic feat slot on a non epic feat unless you absolutely have to.

the trick is, hellball, wait 1/2 action (chug a pot to get the timing), ruin. if not hasted then just hellball ruin.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

SuicidalStyle

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 27 2016, 19:18 PM 

Player

Keep in mind too the IC consequences of a hellball. It's (to me at least) an odd choice of weapon for a druid due to it's wide spread destruction. It's not a tool you can use in the forest unless your druid doesn't mind some collateral damage.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 31 2016, 8:34 AM 

Player

SuicidalStyle wrote:
Keep in mind too the IC consequences of a hellball. It's (to me at least) an odd choice of weapon for a druid due to it's wide spread destruction. It's not a tool you can use in the forest unless your druid doesn't mind some collateral damage.

Not to be contradictory but depending on the RP, there are Druids who have very little interest in the forest if any. There are even urban Druids. From the Amian perspective, and if said Druid wishes to be in the Grove, this would be an odd fit. Seeking out balance in all things is still a very "Druid like" perspective and there may be times when a hellball and even controlled deforestation may be an option. Just depends on the Druid and the Dogma.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]