View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Chupacabra

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 19:40 PM 

Player

Okay, i was wondering if all these stack, Drow Spell resistance, Monk Spell resistance, 15 Spellcraft points, arcane cloth spell resistance, and buffed Spell resistance?

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 19:46 PM 

DM

SR doesn't stack at all. Only the highest one counts.

Gers

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 19:46 PM 

Player

As far as SR goes, there is no stacking, AFAIK. You get the benefit of whichever source is highest in value. Thus a full-blown SR monk drow would get the benefit of their monk SR, which would surpass (I think) the 39 that's normal for a lvl 28 drow. Also, spellcraft adds a bonus to saves, not to SR. 15 spellcraft should net you +3 vs all spells, unless they're saveless, like ice storm or power words.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 19:48 PM 

DM

Highest SR you are looking at is like 54 (I could be off by a few) which is a pure level 30 SR monk. Which is basically a troll build but you are virtually immune to most magic.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 20:11 PM 

Player

Okay thanks, off hand, any of you know what the stats of the Monk belt in the Abyss shop by chance?

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 21:42 PM 

Player

As far as I know, the only instace of “stacking SR“ is the multiple +2s on improved spell resistance (the epic feat) stacking with Monk SR. And on Amia, if I'm not mistaken, the maximum amount of epic feats a pure monk can get should be 5, meaning the maximum SR you can have is 50, which means a pure caster with epic spell pen would have a 35% chance of hitting, and a 5% chance without any spell pen. (As long as the spell checks SR) Other than that, SR does not stack, and SR reductions n't stack either. For both, the highest is used.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 05 2016, 22:06 PM 

Player

Just a minor correction, a pure monk would have 6 epic feats, so another ISR could be fitted in for a total of 52, meaning only 16-20s spell resistance rolls for a maxed out caster would be successful for spells that check resistance, bringing the chance down to 25%, while rendering the monk immune to SR checking spells for those without spell pen.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]