View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
walnutboy

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 18 2016, 20:29 PM 

Player

Could use a little player input and idea with regards my character and build. At present Shana is Ranger/Master Scout (23/3). She is focused on her longbow both in build and RP, being a bowyer and making ranged weapons for those she likes and those who request it. Her build isn't great but for the most part i can get by and in groups I'm fine, yes she sucks in melee but the point has always been that she keeps people at a distance. I'd like to make her a better bow mistress in character and in build but unsure really on how or even if this is possible.

I place myself as a disadvantage going singularly for the bow i understand that but that is her RP and I'm kind of liking it even if it can be a pain at times. My question is i guess, how can i make her a better, more useful (if possible) archer?

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 18 2016, 20:30 PM 

Player

In order to help, we need more details on what Shana's build entails. What feats, stats, etc does she have now?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 18 2016, 20:57 PM 

Player

21/4/5 Ranger/Fighter/Master Scout will get you 6 more damage from epic weapon specialization, while keeping all yur favored enemies and bane of enemies.

That's really the most you cna do without a very drastic change to a spellcaster or an arcane archer.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 18 2016, 21:55 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
21/4/5 Ranger/Fighter/Master Scout will get you 6 more damage from epic weapon specialization, while keeping all yur favored enemies and bane of enemies.

That's really the most you cna do without a very drastic change to a spellcaster or an arcane archer.

I know Arcane Archer is out as she is human. Her base has always been a ranger so ICly it wouldn't make much sense to go into a spellcaster without some major RPing and IC reasoning! I figured adding fighter might be the only way, guess i have to think is the 6 more damage worth the reduction to the Ranger.

As TG asked,

Str 10
Dex 18 +5 (so far)
Con 8
Int 14
Wis 14
Cha 8

Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot
Weapon Finesse
Blindfight
Imp Crit Longbow
Weap Focus Longbow
Armor Skin
Bane of Enemies
Great Dex 1
Skill Focus Spot
Skill Focus Listen
Epic Weap Focus Longbow

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 18 2016, 22:19 PM 

Player

Hmm, you actually did pretty good on her build... just adding fighter and EWS would help. A dex based ranger archer with Bane of Enemies, and EWS can deal out pretty good damage. Rapid shot is nice... gives you two attacks at your highest AB -2, which I imagine is high 40's anyway (+2 vs preferred enemies).

Downside to fighter... your animal companion will be -slightly- weaker. Your spells will have a 15% chance of being dispelled by greater dispelling. You will have 1 less Favored Enemy and 1 less damage toward all your FE's.

It's kind of... tough. I would think though, with fighter in the mix, you can do decent melee damage too if you had to get in close, use a rapier and shield, as you already have weapon finesse and you get great AC, or dual wield for more attacks.

Very versatile build, not much to improve on mechanically, though I'm sure someone will tell you something!

davis114

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 19 2016, 18:13 PM 

Player

Depends what you're looking for. I've never rp'ed with this character, so I'm not sure what sort of character she is. Is she a sneaky type? If she is, I'd go for some rogue levels to complement damage with sneak attack, and invest in some trap laying skills. Is she a stand and fight type? Then I'd follow Tormak's suggestion, and possibly get a weapon focus in rapier and finesse it. All depends on the type of character she is.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]