View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:26 AM 

Player

Hello!

I'm looking for more information about hengeyokai. So far, all I've really found is off of Oriental Adventures and the FRWiki. Latter talks a ton about Fey/Faerie, but the the entry in OA doesn't mention anything about this.

Any information for someone debating making a request?

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Zaldra5

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 17 2017, 16:01 PM 

Player

All the stuff mentioning fey on that Wiki page is 4e related so not relevant to Amia's current setting because 4e was awful. In 3e they were just intelligent shapeshifting animals seeing they have the shapeshifter type. They kind of have more in common with a lycanthrope due to the whole three different forms.

Asparas the Faun

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 17 2017, 20:46 PM 

Player

Well, in 3e (OA) they are the "shapechanger" subtype.

In Kara-turan lore and Oriental Mythos, there is no such thing as fey courts and whatnot, just nature spirits and kami and the like - so even if a nature spirit would be fey subtyped, it'd probably wonder what a sprite even was if it happened to see one I'd imagine. (Oriental mythos tends to paint "spirits" as being very solitary, singular things unto themselves.)

They're very mundane and grounded, as a race, and not considered very mysterious or otherworldly. Even in 1E they were pretty well-known in society, which I think kind of ruins some of the fun of it.

Reading FR wiki about it just gives me a headache and reminds me WotC writing is garbage madlibs. Seriously, a massive war between the eladrins and formians? lol... What awful nonsense.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]