View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sun, May 28 2017, 22:11 PM 

Tester

I'm wondering if anyone knows the story of Anevar. Judging by what little I can find on her on the forum, besides a listing of her book[1][2], she was a homebrew deity from the early and wild days of Amia. I came across the IC item "Ten Standing Orders of Anevar," which reads like a mash up of Red Knight dogma and the Codex Astartes.

I've no doubt that Anevar along with the other deities in that link have gone the way of Feleis, either died from lack of worship or subsumed by a higher power. But I'm curious if anyone knows the story. Shaundakul Grymia, I'm looking at you.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, May 28 2017, 22:44 PM 

Player

Not something I'm actually knowledgable on.

My best guess: Very old Amia had a lot of homebrew stuff going on - and Grymia (with no offense meant) was a big source for a lot of it. My guess is it existed, and essentially fell out of knowledge as he stopped DMing and Amia became more heavily cemented in concrete Realmslore, as opposed to just 'using the setting'.

Crossing my name out doesn't act as a line of salt! :mrgreen:

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sun, May 28 2017, 23:01 PM 

Tester

I meant more than Grymia(the apparent deity) seemed like Shaundakul by a different name.

Quote:
Grymia (TN): The Wanderer, a man seldom worshipped but often thanked who grants safe passage on long journeys to those who give thanks to him in some form or another, and is the spirit of the journey. His main beliefs are that life, is a journey and a road to be travelled with leisure, not harried.

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, May 29 2017, 22:27 PM 

Player

Yeah, Grymia was actually a homebrew deity as well as Anevar, but If the GMs wanna erase them from existance, that's cool, I do have ideas if they wanna use both of them but integrate them into the existing Realmslore , if it'd be preferred.

Anevar was a deity who served in essence as a Dark General, a deity of ordered and cunning warfare. He did however, still maintain a form of honour in spite of himself. He could easily be a she and serve as a sort of Saint to the more Martially inclined of Bane.

Grymia was a cunning old traveller who pretty much encouraged a philsophy based on the key stanza from the song "Life is a Highway".. he was a deity who encouraged travel and experiencing the world. If people want, Grymia could be a divine agent of Shaundakul if folks wanted.

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, May 30 2017, 10:40 AM 

Player

It is not uncommon to have localized gods in our world, even if the bigger religions today have pretty much throwed them all out by now in the most part of the world, it would not be THAT farfetched to have people here and there throw a prayer to Grymia or hold a holiday for Anevar no? Localized Amian dieties. Maybe even, as Grymia now said, give him that saintly role which a Divine agent sounds like to have.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, May 31 2017, 2:13 AM 

Tester

It's always worth supporting the veneration of divine intermediaries in lore. There are a tons of gods in FR, but generally little information or presence of their assistants. Sword Saint Nebessa is a neat Amian legend and entity, even though it comes up so rarely. Salandra is a more well-known one, but there's room for more, as long as we can flesh them out well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]