View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Yimmi

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 28 2017, 17:26 PM 

Player

Hey everyone, its me once again...
I've some doubts about the current political situation of Guldorand... in some parts of the forums I've read that Guldorand is kind of affiliated to Cordor, but Cordor does not have direct control of it.
Is this accurate?
Who's in charge in Guldorand, its a NPC or a PC etc.
As i see it the principal economic strength in Guldorand is the wood it exports, right?
Is it able to stand alone, I mean, is it self sufficient or does it need the import of food from other parts of the island to feed its population?
Its militia is well formed or it's just some man-at-arms from the local population?
Thanks for all this, it would really help my RP knowing this few things!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 23:56 PM 

Player

It is what you see basically. You walk around and you see Cordor guards and local guards and that is how it is.

Guldorand used to be an independent village and the territory was owned by the Guldorand Logging company (which had foreign ownership), but after a few banites destroyed the village, Cordor started to rebuild it after purchasing the Guldorand logging company and the territory.

Now as a protectorate of Cordor, it is protected by Cordor regulars and local guards. Their main export is building material. Stone from their stone quarry and wood.

The mayor is an NPC and it is confirmed by Cordor too.

As for food, the local rangers and foragers do hunting but they do import food for the variety and not because they couldn't sustain themselves otherwise. They export some food and herbs on their own though that can only be found in the region but that is not as important as the stone and wood export.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 12:32 PM 

Player

Thanks!!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, May 03 2017, 22:52 PM 

Player

Actually, for a time, Guldorand's rebuilding effort was a joint venture orchestrated by Copper Industries with the backing of both Kohlingen and the Commonwealth of Cordor, but that fell apart when the city states almost went to war shortly before Amn showed up.

When relations unraveled, it was easier for Cordor to continue to supply labor and transport goods to the site as the path down the mountain already heads toward the city. As a result, Copper Industries gifted the supplies and plans for what buildings remained to be built, to Cordor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long after construction was largely completed that a referendum was proposed, and voted upon, by the people of Guldorand to become citizens of the Commonwealth and establish Guldorand and the local territory as a Protectorate.

While I am not 100% sure if it has changed since Eli stepped down as Minister of Finance, elections for Mayor in Guldorand should still be free without need for approval from Cordor's governing body. If I recall correctly, Cordor only gets approve/deny power over the Governor position.

Specifics wise, I believe Jacho is still the present Mayor and Governor, and is relatively well liked, given his tendencies to be a voice of reason.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]