View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 2:46 AM 

Player

Rules of their clergy, etc?

Seems to be Amia exclusive. Can't find it on the wiki either.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Last edited by Commie on Thu, Jan 19 2017, 3:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 3:02 AM 

Player

It's Salandra. It's all over the wiki tons of it. Not Salandria. :)

http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/index.php?title=Salandra

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 3:23 AM 

Player

ah I was spelling it wrong.

ty. for some reason I thought the clergy was a pacifist one.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 3:33 AM 

Player

If the wiki doesn't explain it too well I'm happy to. I've been playing a Salandran for years. I like to say that they're all different. There's obvious roles, battle surgeon, templar etc.

But you absolutely don't have to be a pacifist. Many people think Jovianne is a pacifist but she DOES fight, only undead and demons, or she may defend herself or her loved ones if there is no other recourse. It might make sense for a Salandran NOT to spread more wounds bc of the dogma and that is why so many of them play as pacifists.

I've always thought a really cool Salandran concept would be a House MD type character- a total asshole who is really tough, but he'll still heal you no matter what. He can fight like the best of them but strangely he has to help you up after he's kicked your ass.

There is also the terrible head-scratcher of what happens when violence clashes with the Second Tenet. Realistically if you are running around slicing goblins what happens if they ask you to stop and heal them? Those ones you just killed lol? Specifically-

Quote:
heal without prejudice or favour. Salandrans heal all who need their aid without regard to who asks or whether their beliefs match our own. On the battlefield it is our duty to aid the wounded on both sides after the battle is over. This holds true for races traditionally regarded as enemies by local people. If a Salandran is asked for aid in a matter regarding the healing arts they are duty bound to answer.

I actually love this rule because it is the perfect set up for a lot of potentially tense situations inbetween enemies.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 19:41 PM 

Player

Was Salandra a PC at some point?

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 19:56 PM 

Player

Primary thing to remember about Salandrans;

- They're not allowed to refuse any Living individual medical aid unless such individual is meeting them with hostile actions. It is against their faith to refuse medical aid to a Chromatic Dragon-Kin if he's willing to accept it, but it is against their faith to refuse a Chromatic Dragon-Kin medical aid just because they're Chromatic Kin.

Primary thing to remember about Salandra;

- She is basically llmater.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 0:06 AM 

Player

OpenTheRift wrote:
Was Salandra a PC at some point?

No, Nightingale was, the PC (and player) who invented Salandra.

Her original PC and mythos have been vastly conflated in her absence into the pacifistic stuff you see today - for the better, in my personal opinion.

Quote:
I've always thought a really cool Salandran concept would be a House MD type character- a total asshole who is really tough, but he'll still heal you no matter what. He can fight like the best of them but strangely he has to help you up after he's kicked your ass.

Galenson!

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 3:00 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:

- They're not allowed to refuse any Living individual medical aid unless such individual is meeting them with hostile actions. It is against their faith to refuse medical aid to a Chromatic Dragon-Kin if he's willing to accept it, but it is against their faith to refuse a Chromatic Dragon-Kin medical aid just because they're Chromatic Kin.

You're exactly right, and I really don't see enough characters utilizing this :twisted:

Quote:
Galenson!

Who, what, where?

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:09 AM 

Player

Jack Galenson was basically a more badass version of House before House even existed, except he had a prosthetic arm instead of a bum leg. Which IIRC he lost because he attacked Tarkuul and had to jump trough a closing portal when escaping.

I found this, which reflects him pretty well!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44003&p=1206463#p1206463

fjook

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 12 2017, 1:45 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:

That doesn't mean that you have to give healing spells. YOu have to provide medical aid. It can be a splint or something like that.

Go here to learn more about Shada - http://fjook.piczo.com/?cr=3&rfm=y

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 14:32 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Did somebody call me?

[edit] His lower arm was ripped off by one of Kraven's vampires first back in the day. The Tarkuul incident was when the rest of the arm came off. I imagine there's still a prosthetic hand with its middle finger raised somewhere in Tarkuul after that incident. Very few were crazy enough to butt heads with a sentient city of the dead and somehow live with one less arm to to their name back in those days.

In saying that, it was a fine line for a Salandran to be so... morningstar-happy: They tend to be pulled into conflicts they didn't even know they were part of which made the neutrality which a Salandran virtues a challenge to balance.

But, Jack was a (grandfathered) Favoured Soul character which meant he couldn't just sit in a Temple: he felt compelled to search for the needing and bring cold, brutal death to the undead because his actions and deeds were what powered him, not his prayers. This was an important part of the character's development and his aggressive, disgruntled demeanour came from the fact that he eventually came to loathe the power he had and the powerlessness he felt in his own destiny. He had significant injuries from his work, some physical (and extensively so) and many more were psychological to the point where he is probably one of the few Amian "heroes" to experience PTSD from his experiences. He is a heavily damaged character, but persevered because he had to: he was a Favoured Soul and thus didn't have a choice.

Despite his demeanour however, Jack operated off a very simple philosophy: for every way he know how to save a life, he could also take it in a horrifying way. Hence he and Metalien self enforced a neutrality upon themselves (others who followed them later took it as pacifism which kudos to them for doing so: they achieved alot more then we did because of it) as a means to control what they were capable of with the knowledge they had.

Thats not to say they didn't get into trouble from time to time.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]