View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 15:19 PM 

Player

From someone who's been away a couple years trying to fit a character story into current time and context:

I see in game and several places in the forum that the current year, following the Forgotten Realms setting, is 1383, and that setting year progresses 1:1 with real world year.

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=76619

When I first started Min here in late 2011, I am almost certain that there was a forum note in the About Amia section that said the setting then was in the early 1350's, and that, importantly, the Time of Troubles (1358), as of then, had not happened. (For any who read this, I had this wrong. See my reply post below)

Is all of that correct? Either way, too, how has setting time progressed in between then and now, and when in real world calendar did Amia experience (or leap past?) the Time of Troubles?

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

Few know the light as one who has come through the dark ...

Last edited by Jolena Ogden on Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 15:50 PM 

Player

The year is 1383 and the ToT certainly has happened. There's a comprehensive listing in the Lore section of the Information forum!

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 16:01 PM 

Player

You are correct with the 1:1 ratio of year progression, and as stated the current server year is 1383 DR (Dale Reckoning). It may have been a typo on the year you saw back in 2011, not sure what that was, but the years regress the same, 1:1.

Edit: my mistake on DR

Last edited by Kudark on Sun, Jun 28 2015, 19:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 16:05 PM 

Player

Dale Reckoning, not Day of Reckoning. :)

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 19:41 PM 

Player

It has been stated however that the time is 1:1 unless otherwise stated by the DM team.
Perhaps there have been a few years were game time moved faster due to certain plots.
I can't recall this happening however.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 19:49 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Dale Reckoning, not Day of Reckoning. :)

OOPS! LOL Thank you!

Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:02 AM 

Player

Thank you all, and I just found what I was thinking of here:

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=67024

which I mistakenly remembered as applying to the Time of Troubles, rather than the Spellplague:

Yossarin wrote:
The following timeline presents some notable events in the history of canon Forgotten Realms alongside some notable events in the history of Amia. Amia is set in the Forgotten Realms, and follows the setting's official history until the end of year 1373. All canon lore up to that point applies to Amia, unless the DM Team specifically states otherwise. No canon lore after 1373 applies to Amia, unless the DM Team specifically states otherwise. The Spellplague has not happened, gods have not died, Myth Drannor has not been restored, etc. The current state of some unfinished business is described at the end of the timeline.

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

Few know the light as one who has come through the dark ...

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, May 02 2016, 21:12 PM 

Player

Do we have names yet for the years 1382 - 1384 (2014 - 2016)? The History thread stops at 1381 (Year of the Crimson Skies).

Somehow I think the Arcanum's role in Western Faerun's recent history should show up in the name list somewhere.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, May 03 2016, 6:54 AM 

Player

It was also removed from collctive memory and existence due to the Zeitgeist though, so it seems unlikely...

Though the Elsewhen items refer to 1383 DR as "The Year of the Vindicated Warrior".

Xenos

PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 17:08 PM 

Player

You know, i read something along the line of much being undone once Reyes died, but what do we actually remember, if it was purged from collective memory? Do we even remember fighting at the spine of the world? Or like, did a year or two of events related to Reyes just poof out of memory?

"Where did central Cordor go?"
"How should i know?! Musta sank."

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 17:15 PM 

Player

I don't know the lore behind the whole Arcanum thing, so I might be saying something irrelevant, but one of the things the Commoners can say in Cordor is: "Never forget the destruction the Arcanum has wrought." So, if everyone forgot about the Arcanum, how can anyone say that?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 17:39 PM 

Player

Xenos wrote:
You know, i read something along the line of much being undone once Reyes died, but what do we actually remember, if it was purged from collective memory? Do we even remember fighting at the spine of the world? Or like, did a year or two of events related to Reyes just poof out of memory?

The blood magic uprising was purged from the mainland's collective memory for the most part, but anyone on the Amia Environs (including Brog, Frozenfar - i.e. any area of the server) remembers it just fine.

Not my definition of an elegant solution by any stretch or definition of the word, but here we are.

treasured memories

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 17:59 PM 

Player

Is this happening on 4/29 next year? I'm sure if it were it'd be a sorta secret... but incase it's not!

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 18:13 PM 

Player

Amia follows its own timeline, iirc a lot of events that happened in the FR did not happen in Amia. I presume whether a particular event that takes place in FR during a certain ingame year also takes place in Amia is likely considered at a case by case basis.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 18:28 PM 

Player

To my current knowledge, we have no plans to initiate the Spellplague or any other related events on Amia. That's been the ruling since 4th edition and the Spellplague were a thing.

(Hell, if I were the DM, I'd run an event lampshading the entire thing where someone tries, but Mystra successfully fend sit off because she had a network of Chosen set up to stop these exact events from happening.... which WotC seems to have forgotten when they made 4e.)

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 19:15 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Xenos wrote:

The blood magic uprising was purged from the mainland's collective memory for the most part, but anyone on the Amia Environs (including Brog, Frozenfar - i.e. any area of the server) remembers it just fine.

Not my definition of an elegant solution by any stretch or definition of the word, but here we are.

So.. the Dwarves of Mithral Hall don't remember the Spine of the World event? The Elves of Winya Ravana don't remember the war at all because they went to Evermeet? Anyone not on Amia at the time of Reyes' death, does not remember the events related to Reyes' over.. however many years. Also, as it removes collective memory of the uprising, but not the physical damage, does that mean anything written about him, or by him, or his nerds, still exists on the mainland? Obviously it could still exist on Amia because we were not given a proper wash- Wait, why does only Amia remember? I suppose that could be an IC thing to figure out, or as simple as the Time Cops not wanting to try and use the Neuralizers on the superfriends and get smacked down?

Edit: Not that i know much of Kohlingen, but would this not also mean a great deal of the details around them and their allies would be purged from memory? I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing went on based upon the looming threat, with knowledge of that threat purged, are the greater powers of the mainland left wondering why the hell they have this deal with some backwater island in the middle of nowhere?

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Last edited by Xenos on Sun, May 15 2016, 19:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 19:22 PM 

Player

"In 1374 DR, the army of Seiveril Miritar, leading a return to Faerûn, recaptured Myth Drannor. Seiverils daughter Ilsevele Miritar became the new coronal."

This was supposed to have happened the year after we split the timeline (i believe). So the question is, if we went to Myth Drannor today, would it be the hellish place of old, or a blooming new city.. with lots of likely hellish places of old yet to be cleansed?

Obviously i favor the idea of the elves having started the rebuilding process, though it's a shame we(or i) did not think of it a few years back as it would have been an awesome event to take part in. But it kind of feels wrong to start the events NOW, if at all. Besides, i like to let the NPCs be useful sometimes, don't need the Amian Hordes involved in everything!

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 22:41 PM 

Player

Xenos wrote:
TormakSaber wrote:
Xenos wrote:

So.. the Dwarves of Mithral Hall don't remember the Spine of the World event? The Elves of Winya Ravana don't remember the war at all because they went to Evermeet? Anyone not on Amia at the time of Reyes' death, does not remember the events related to Reyes' over.. however many years. Also, as it removes collective memory of the uprising, but not the physical damage, does that mean anything written about him, or by him, or his nerds, still exists on the mainland? Obviously it could still exist on Amia because we were not given a proper wash- Wait, why does only Amia remember? I suppose that could be an IC thing to figure out, or as simple as the Time Cops not wanting to try and use the Neuralizers on the superfriends and get smacked down?

Edit: Not that i know much of Kohlingen, but would this not also mean a great deal of the details around them and their allies would be purged from memory? I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing went on based upon the looming threat, with knowledge of that threat purged, are the greater powers of the mainland left wondering why the hell they have this deal with some backwater island in the middle of nowhere?

I said the blood mage uprising. I did not say anything about the Spine of the World, or the war at large. That occured.

I am speaking explicitly of the climax of the event wherein every male human magus on the face of Faerun turned into Arcanum members and caused massive widespread destruction, as well as the paradoxical and alternate timelines created by Reyes at the end. This is what was wiped from Faerun.

Quote:
"In 1374 DR, the army of Seiveril Miritar, leading a return to Faerûn, recaptured Myth Drannor. Seiverils daughter Ilsevele Miritar became the new coronal."

This is covered in the timeline. Myth Drannor is not restored.

Quote:
Sarya Dlardrageth frees deamonfey from Nar Kerymhoarth, the Nameless Dungeon, and starts a war on Evereska and High Forest. Seiveril leads volunteers from Evermeet on a Crusade to help. Silverymoon help. The campaign in High Forest ends in driving the deamonfey out of Myth Glaurach. Elves begin looking for the hiding Fey'ri army. (Last Mythal. Note: only Forsaken House happened.)

Quote:
After the High Forest campaign, some elves return to Evermeet. Many stay on Faerûn to garrison Myth Glaurach and wait for a chance to confront the Fey'ri once and for all. Occasional skirmishes between elves and deamonfey occur over the next few years, a prolonged state of guerilla war. A visible elven presence has returned to Faerûn, but they are spread out thin and, in a sense, weaker than ever. Since its losses during Nimesin's betrayal and the Crusade, Evermeet has become reclusive and paranoid. After the phaerimm and Fey'ri attacks, Evereska is far from the peak of their power, either.

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, May 18 2016, 2:20 AM 

Player

To my knowledge we stopped at 1371 with the lore, no? Thus nor the Fey'ri uprisings and the attack on the Tower Reiloch. The last event that happened on Evermeet that is considered as canon lore is the attack by Kymil Nimesin and after that Lamruil creates Auseriel, the new elven enclave on Faerun. Same applies to the Phaermin attack on Evereska in 1372. It didn't happen.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, May 18 2016, 6:27 AM 

Player

1373. This is even listed in the grand timeline I quoted from (and wrote most of, along with Iron....)

Quote:
1373 DR, Year of Rogue Dragons

Sammaster transforms the old Dracorage Mythal, starting a Rage without the appearance of the King-Killer Star. Various dragon attacks ensue, destroying Ylraphon on the Dragon Reach, Trenahess in Cormanthor, a Zhent garrison in Elmwood, and killing summertime inhabitants of Tangled Trees. Abbey of the Just Hammer is damaged, and the Monastery of the Yellow Rose is besieged (but later saved by metallics). Impilturan army in the Grey Forest get in trouble with a raging bronze, a spirit dragon helps them destroy a Cult of the Dragon lair in the forest. Auseriel, the elf settlement, is razed by white dragons. The Tree of Souls is thus returned to Evermeet. Sammaster pretends to be the Witch-King reborn, and attacks into Damara with an orc and giant horde. King Gareth Dragonsbane leads an army in defense, but falls. Eventually, he is resurrected and he drives the enemies away. Sammaster is destroyed, his magic undone and the Rage ends. (The Rage of Dragons)

The Scoured Legion of cambion Kaanyr Vhok try to take Sundabar by siege, but fail

New Tilverton is built in Cormyr, near the old town's dark crater

A Tear of Selûne caused a day-long ecplipse, plummeted into the atmosphere, broke in five flaming pieces and then shattered. This came to be known as the Rain of Fire, percieved as an ill omen

To combat the Pharaoh of Mulhorand and Bane's influence in Unther, high priest Zimrilim animates the corpse of God-King Gilgeam. (The Alabaster Staff)

The mighty dragon Tchazzar returns to life and Toril by the will of Tiamat and wreaks havoc in Chessenta, hunting on other local dragons. He assumes rulership of the city of Cimbar.

Soon after Cordor pulls out, an occupation of a different sort befalls Wharftown: Banites take over, much to the distress of many citizens. The temple of Selûne is desecrated and dedicated to the Black Hand. After the Banites finally pull out from Wharftown, Garth becomes mayor of the hamlet. The temple of Bane is razed to the ground.

Simultaneously – though possibly unconnected - with the Rage, the events of the Wyrmshadow Prophecy unfold on Amia. The Dark Flight attack Kohlingen, and are finally destroyed in Wyrmhold. What was once Stonehold, and home to many kinds of villainy during the years, is now but an abandoned ruin.

[Here ends canon Forgotten Realms!]

Quote:
1374 DR, Year of Lightning Storms

Lightnings strike all over, meteors rain at some places. Tiamat and Bahamut instruct followers in visions to go to those spots, as there are dragon eggs there.

Sarya Dlardrageth frees deamonfey from Nar Kerymhoarth, the Nameless Dungeon, and starts a war on Evereska and High Forest. Seiveril leads volunteers from Evermeet on a Crusade to help. Silverymoon help. The campaign in High Forest ends in driving the deamonfey out of Myth Glaurach. Elves begin looking for the hiding Fey'ri army. (Last Mythal. Note: only Forsaken House happened.)

Sunlord Daelegoth Orndeir embraces the Risen Sun heresy: that Lathander was once the Netherese god Amaunator, and that his transformation back into that form is nigh. Daelegoth's achievements, such as fighting shades in Karse and dragons of the Smokespire, and miraculously praying for abundant rainfall and bountiful fiends in Eversult, increase the heresy's support signifigantly. The Lathanderite leaders in Waterdeep, Marsember and Ordulin declare that Daelegoth's beliefs are heresy, and threathen him with excommunication. Part of the Order of the Sun Soul support Daelegoth. New converts flock to Eversult, and Daelegoth succesfully casts ”Amaunator's Eternal Sun,” creating a second, miniature sun that never sets over the town.

In Amn, the Council of Six and the Sothillisian empire come to a reluctant truce to defend against Oaxaptuta, beginning the Stinger War.

In midsummer, the creature to be known as Vodak makes its first appearance. Oozes begin to be sighted all across Cordor. Tey soon display the ability to create clones of adventurers slain, and with this power, become an incredible threat. The year is almost over before the matter is solved once and for all, as adventurers descend and find Vodak's mother-cyst ooze, destroying it and breaking its hold over the smaller oozes, which soon fall into disarray and destruction as they become truly mindless once more.

In autumn, Brogendenstein village is destroyed by a rampaging creation of Kraven, the vampire lord. Kraven is destroyed for good, and the dwarven fortress of Barak Runedar is built to watch over the port where the village once stood. The Ruhn Monastery remains above ground, and the Dwarven monks maintain port operations. Much of the surface, however, still bears the marks of destruction from its razing.

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, May 18 2016, 13:49 PM 

Player

Yup, I'm aware of that but I thought that the whole timeline will be revised because some of the Amia events will inaccurate, unless the events had been redistributed on purpose. Like...Mylthar got released (2009) a year before the Cordorian revolution and the Nes'ek events (2008). Or Kraven was defeated a year before Mylthar's thing etc etc etc.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, May 19 2016, 22:54 PM 

Player

Some events were purposefully redistributed in order to create a more even time line of decades from a server history of only some odd years.

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, May 20 2016, 16:51 PM 

Player

Ah okay. Fair enough. It just looked weird when I looked back

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]