View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
DireCorbie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 23:48 PM 

Player

Hi, folks!

As I've RP'd out several times in the past, my character (Brokilon) resides mostly in Sky Forest, and wanders around the general Winya Ravana territory as well. Being a druid, I'd like to think he'd have a working knowledge of the sorts of wildlife that naturally occur there, and perhaps a basic understanding of migratory patterns. However, there's no physical representations of wildlife in Sky Forest, unlike that which we see spawning in Amia Forest.

What sorts of animals live in Sky Forest (that he'd be aware of)? Are they able to be seen by folk who spend much time there? What about folk who spend less time there; what would they see? Or are the animals usually in hiding, perhaps due to the dangerous areas nearby (like Nexus Hills and the Gulf)? I ask because I'm greatly interested in seeing the place look more lived-in, and am curious as to how I'd put RP towards that. I'd also like to appropriately reflect the place and its inhabitants in my RP.

Thanks for your input!

Edit: I'm curious of the same in Winya Ravana itself and the Nexus Hills. Is there wildlife around that we'd be aware of? Is the danger in the Nexus Hills area (the stray beastmen, gnomes, and ettins) keeping the animals out?

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 0:29 AM 

Player

It's a typical sylvan-ish woodland. Deer, squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, an occasional wolf or bear. Crystal Lake has enough of a fish ecosystem that it can sustain a job system "fishing spot," which suggests to me that there's enough fish in there that some segment of the very small permanent population of Sky Forest could make a sustainable living off of them.

There used to be lots and lots of birds, especially around the shrine to Aerdrie Faenya, but the Bird Fever plot of a few years ago kind of devastated the avian population, and though it's slowly recovering, it's not fully back yet.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 0:31 AM 

Player

Liz wrote:
There used to be lots and lots of birds, especially around the shrine to Aerdrie Faenya, but the Bird Fever plot of a few years ago kind of devastated the avian population, and though it's slowly recovering, it's not fully back yet.

Interesting... thanks for sharing! I have some research to do.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 3:05 AM 

Player

Those events were recent enough that lots of still-active characters will remember them. Lots of detail should be had just by asking around IC.

Aiseth

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14 2014, 4:13 AM 

Player

Heh. On Fish: I always kind of wanted to make a fishing catalog of the types of fresh water and salt water fish in the regions, as Forgotten Realms has a rather extensive fishing guide. (why the hell can we collect trout from the ocean?) I guess there are seatrout, but ... I dunno.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14 2014, 6:18 AM 

Player

Trout magic.

Do it! I'd be interested to see what you came up with. Fish aren't really my strong suit, but I can try and help with the research, if needed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]